Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weird Quirks

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
DaPlaya said:
For 10 bucks a new filter is a good investment! I did mine (although I don't have the problem your all having) my car had much better fuel dilevery.

After swapping them I tried to blow through the old filter, it was so clogged I gave up trying to get a whole breath through it!

Also it's not advisable to run your tank low on fuel, as all the **** from the bottom gets churffed up and starts heading towards your combustion chamber - it's effectivley **** fuel.

yeah a friend of mine said my car's prolly just sucking up crap from the bottom of the tank, makes sense but yes fuel and air filters are on the cards and im wondering if its worth it to run some injector cleaner, is so should i use nulon or will almost any other random bottle do?

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II
I'm not a real believer of injector cleaner, if you think the injectors are the issue then get them ultrasonically cleaned.

Replace all of the cheap 'more likely the cause' stuff first.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
DaPlaya said:
Also it's not advisable to run your tank low on fuel, as all the **** from the bottom gets churffed up and starts heading towards your combustion chamber - it's effectivley **** fuel.
also, the pump uses it's immersion in fuel to act as a coolant... so if ya run ya tank too low you shorten the pump's life

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
just on the subject of the injectors...when i start my car for the first time in the morning i have to let it idle for a while before it will go properly...its almost as if the handbrake is on...u know real sluggish and clunky...

another thought just hit me lol...our driveway wouldnt have anything to do with it? its parked on an angle so the fuel would be at the back of the tank???

i probly should replace my injectors anyway...dunno if its been done before.

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II
big_stretch said:
just on the subject of the injectors...when i start my car for the first time in the morning i have to let it idle for a while before it will go properly...its almost as if the handbrake is on...u know real sluggish and clunky...

another thought just hit me lol...our driveway wouldnt have anything to do with it? its parked on an angle so the fuel would be at the back of the tank???

i probly should replace my injectors anyway...dunno if its been done before.

Again, it's most likely not the injectors, replace the cheap things first. you say that you have to wait a while before it runs properly right? well if it was the injectors then it wouldn't get better. I don't think the injectors 'work better' once warmed up, i'm pretty sure they work well or they don't. I don't think they vary that much.

Check sparkies, leads, error codes, you did change fuel filter didnt you?

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
heh thats the funny thing, when my car is cold it goes like a rocket [ i figure once warm the tranny fluid doesnt bite as it well as it should... maybe time to try a new tranny fluid ]

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
If the fluid is dirty it's more likely to be a blocked filter, and a simple oil change means a new tranny gasket and filter, + the oil removed is only some of it, there are another few litres of dirty oil in the converter, so to be serious you have to do it twice.

That's where a s/h fuel pump from the wreckers comes in VERY handy and they are pretty cheap, $10 should do it, when the oil is warm it will suck out via a 3/16" fuel line easy as from the tranny filler tube, either that or use the same gasket (if not broken) to let the oil mix and then change the gasket/ filter on the second fill.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
when i had my 5spd vn it used to loose power after it went under half a tank so i always topped it up when it hit half my vs sedan actually runs better on empty idles smoother quicker throttle responce, my ute dosent really seem to make a difference and neither did my vt