Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weird Shudder LS1

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Just wanting to know what could cause my LS1 too shudder when stoped and in drive or any gear for that matter. It dont effect the revs or anything but feels like a stall is gunna happen then its fine untill next time. It dont do it all the time sometimes more then others. Its hard to explain but sorta like a miss but its fine when driving. The other week the car backfired when I gave it alittle so i changed the plugs and thats fixed that problem but yeh now have this.

Ummm a mate said its more then likly a sensor but yeh WHICH one lol I know its not the o2's as there pretty new. What other sensors can cause its to not run soo well. The car does have 250,000k's but yeah. Trying to figure out whats going on b4 I rebuild it soon as I dont wonna rebuild it and its still doing it lol.

Cheers.

mrvx2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais
Sounds exactly the same as mine. Revs are fine but shuddering and/or mising. Ive been told it could be O2 sensor, but if u just changed urs im not sure. I havent changed mine yet, but i ve heard others doing it and gets rid of the problem. Hope someone can clear it up

CHeers Frank

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Engine mounts?

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Yeah possably I guess. Its done it a few times while in park or Nutral. So yeah.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
Just wanting to know what could cause my LS1 too shudder when stoped and in drive or any gear for that matter. It dont effect the revs or anything but feels like a stall is gunna happen then its fine untill next time. It dont do it all the time sometimes more then others. Its hard to explain but sorta like a miss but its fine when driving. The other week the car backfired when I gave it alittle so i changed the plugs and thats fixed that problem but yeh now have this.

Ummm a mate said its more then likly a sensor but yeh WHICH one lol I know its not the o2's as there pretty new. What other sensors can cause its to not run soo well. The car does have 250,000k's but yeah. Trying to figure out whats going on b4 I rebuild it soon as I dont wonna rebuild it and its still doing it lol.

Cheers.

check your coil on plug's for hairline crack's.
they cause the engine to stumble at idle.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Ah thanks will have a look. Dunno when they were last done either maybe never.

dannyn12

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged
i had the same issues changed both oxygen sensor never happen again

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Might have a look lol. stalled today the misses said. so its got me buggerd

VZ SS :D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7 SS
same thing with my gen III I think. just when ur stopped in drive with foot on brake and it sorta vibrates and shakes sorta thing??