Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weird sound coming from behind the dash

<atomicL93>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 5 speed (sold), VS wagon
Whenever the engine is running behind the middle part of the dash it sounds like the air conditioner is going but that doesnt even work, does anybody know what could be making this sound?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
maybe a Headunit playing up??

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
itll be a vaccum line thats come off ...

its a fiddly job but behind the heater control have a listen when its running around that area..

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
itll be a vaccum line thats come off ...

its a fiddly job but behind the heater control have a listen when its running around that area..

sounds like it !

yeah like a hissing sound.. couldnt be the headunit cause it was doing this before i installed a headunit

theres a few lines behind the fan control, might have to take apart the dash to get to it and fix it the right way, you dont wanna pull on the lines and pull something else and end up with another prolbem. by a gregs or max manual book bro heaps of info only cost you 40 dollars!!

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
there is only one vac line coming in from engine bay to rear of the control for the air flow.
The others go off to control air to feet/face/demister etc either its the feed of come off round disk with all other vac lines
not a hard prob at all one screw where fan control is and your got it.
Watch the heater box control rods

<atomicL93>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 5 speed (sold), VS wagon
by a gregs or max manual book bro heaps of info only cost you 40 dollars!!
Already brought the haynes repair manual.. as much as i hate reading books its the only book ya will see me reading, other than zoo and street commodores lol!

I rekon ill take out the fan control and stuff next week sometime and have a look.. I dont care if the aircon works or not i just wanna stop tha hissing sound lol