Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weird Sound

Timoshii

Helpdesker
Reaction score
Website
www.dark-spire.com
Members Ride
VR Executive
Hi all,
I was recommended to this forum by a work mate and thought i would give it a whirl.

I have this issue with my '94 VR Commodore Wagon, when I turn a corner at > 40k's I get this weird grinding sound. Its only happening when I turn right tho which is the strange thing.

I have been having Power Steering issues though (I have to refill every month or two as it gets empty, so I suspect a leak)and I think that the issues may be linked in some way.

Any help would be appreciated.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Is it a grinding sound or a groaning sound. If the fluid level gets too low air will get into the system and cause a groaning noise.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
It could be the front wheel bearing on the passenger side failing - could also be noisy tyres which caused me to replace both front hubs and brake discs when the noise was really from the el-cheapo tyres. To check this just swap tyres front to back.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
It even happens when the Fluid is filled. And yeah, I think its more of a grinding sound.

Even if you fill it up, you would need to bleed the system to get the air out. No sure how the VR-VS pumps work, but i dont see why you wouldnt need to bleed it.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Even if you fill it up, you would need to bleed the system to get the air out. No sure how the VR-VS pumps work, but i dont see why you wouldnt need to bleed it.
Exactly. Once air is in the system, filling it with fluid won't get rid of the air. It will need to be bled. But since it is a grinding noise, air in the system is probably not the issue.