Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

welder

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
What type of welder would I need for minor welding on my car, also what power levels would I need? Cheers

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
what you welding?

panel steel a 160 MIG would be fine. K-frames need a bit more ooze. .8mm wire works on pretty much any mild steel regardless of size, you just need to spend a bit longer to fill it.

then you could go TIG, pretty much same argon, go pure argon for ally and argon-light for mild.

dont ever get a gasless or arc unless you enjoy jackdaniels and coke premixed and are quite partial to wearing flanellete.

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Had a smash in back end and gonna weld that little panel under the light and above bumper doin home fix

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
You can use just about any welding process you want for that panel as the welds are hidden behind it. Obviously a bare wire MIG process is going to best for it, but if all youve got is stick just use that - provided you know how to use one, that is.

You could even just glue the panel on by its tabs with a urethane adhesive like carbond or even liquid nails if you are feeling a bit agricultural