Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Well... I pulled the pin

Discussion in 'ZB Holden Commodore (2018)' started by holomatrix, Mar 11, 2018.

1. TazzI

TazzI Envyous Customs

Members Ride:
    VE SS Ute
    Interesting...

Things to look into then would be the start/stop. And also park assist.

Stop/start should be relatively easy I think to come up with a solution so you dont need to do it everytime.

Park assist may be a bit more tinkering.. might be able to lower it. So instead of 7.. could be 5? 4? When parking slowly.. rarely are you going over 5kph.

2. holomatrix

holomatrix Member

Members Ride:
    VF Redline Sportwagon
    I find it really odd...

Okay, so turning on the park assist FRONT at slow speed might help me in heavy traffic not to tap the person in front... but why, when I am stationary in traffic, do Opel/Vauxhall/Buick/Holden think we want to be warned that the idiot behind us is sitting 3 feet away and stationary (even with the alerts on the low setting, it still carris on like a pork chop until the point where I reach down and turn it off... at which point it stays off until the next time I go above 7km/h and come back below it - so maybe at the next set of lights?)

What a stupid setting!?!?!?!?!

3. VT&VX

VT&VX Active Member

Members Ride:
    VX Acclaim
    They should take that alert signal and connect it to the rear hazard lights, so the guy behind can get the message to BACK OFF!!!!

4. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    So what are those toys for, to help you avoid a collision while checking F-Book for cat videos?

5. Sir Les

Sir Les Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF Calais V V6 MY14
    @holomatrix : that Park Assist thing is very strange. I drove a ZB Tourer in quite heavy traffic recently and didn't experience it going off at all due to queued vehicles behind me. Perhaps Adelaide drivers are more polite (yeah, right) and don't come so close to your back bumper? It was working though when I parked the vehicle. On the VF the default for park assist is OFF once under way, until you select reverse. I don't see why that should have changed for the ZB.

Also, the one I drove had no rattles or other untoward noises whatsoever. Could it be that you have one of the first examples with Australasian specifications to come off the production line, which apparently had some teething problems?