Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Well... I pulled the pin

holomatrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon
Drove a Focus and Chrysler 300S, they come with those special fuel receptacles that reminds me of Aircraft's CCRs (closed circiut refueling). My take for the reason of the design is about an Enviromental mandate. Apparently, is an effort to lower Hydrocarbon Emissions. Once you open the fuel cap, gases are released and that is a big no-no for the "Greenie Technocrats". These types of "CCRs" prevent the scape of such gases. In Aviation is a sound idea if you look at it from the safety viewpoint, however, Aircraft fuel cells are vented, cars are not.

One thing that I noticed that was hard to do, was to stay put with the fuel nozzle pushed against it. More so with the fuel station nozzles that has the outer accordion type sleeve. Felt like I was refueling a Supercar. I will not be surprised that is going to be the next design (2 hose system) to prevent a drop from going in the air.

I thought we already had an ADR requirement (or something) for Vapour Return (certainly some servos have VR2 technology written on their pumps - which is apparently the second version of Vapour Return tech). You can tell the ones that do because on the metal tube you insert into the car there is a second small pipe at the top on the inside that is the vapour suck-up pipe.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
As far syphoning fuel, it has internal baffles/valves to prevent spillage in case of a roll over. Even the ones without the flappy valve is pretty hard to suck the fuel with a hose. My son tried to get get some from his car for the lawnmower and could not get the hose in.

Another added convinience for today's lazy people is not to fuzz with a fuel cap. Way too many morons leave the cap at the pump and forget to screw it back on, even forget to close the door.

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Another added convinience for today's lazy people is not to fuzz with a fuel cap. Way too many morons leave the cap at the pump and forget to screw it back on, even forget to close the door.
The first car I encountered that had the cap attached was my early 90's Liberty; but I like the way the VF's is attached by a moderately-sturdy piece of plastic-string. Only problem is it's a little messy hanging it over the filler-door's catch (and there's no way I'm letting it dangle against the paint!), I'd prefer if there was a nice little receptacle which the cap sits in (my old Volvo has this - putting the cap in said receptacle means I can't close the flap & hence leave the cap on the bowser - and yes, I have done it before ...).

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The first car I encountered that had the cap attached was my early 90's Liberty; but I like the way the VF's is attached by a moderately-sturdy piece of plastic-string. Only problem is it's a little messy hanging it over the filler-door's catch (and there's no way I'm letting it dangle against the paint!), I'd prefer if there was a nice little receptacle which the cap sits in (my old Volvo has this - putting the cap in said receptacle means I can't close the flap & hence leave the cap on the bowser - and yes, I have done it before ...).

Isn't there a hanger for the fuel cap plastic string?

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
And one on the G8 and ss (sarcasm)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Way too many morons leave the cap at the pump and forget to screw it back on, even forget to close the door.

Fuel Cap Tether, you can buy them if you can't be bothered making it.