Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wepn WH Stato ls1 on 20's

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
like the wheels m8. Auto carwash...eeekkk... never, ever use one .those spinning brushes will give you masses of swirl marks on your paint that can only be corrected properly with a da polisher and cutting compound. look at ur duco in the sun, if you can see spider web swirly marks thats due to poor washing and drying methods, hopefully u dont have any, (yet..). had them on mine caused by previous owner , so used the da polisher and they are gone. other than that your car looks sweet...cheers

All the good Auto washes are brushless now mate, have been for a few years. mine comes out great so long as I polish it by hand every so often.

Like the car by the way, but you should polish up the calipers now you can see them so well. only takes a wire brush drill bit and a few minutes.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
All the good Auto washes are brushless now mate, have been for a few years. mine comes out great so long as I polish it by hand every so often.

Like the car by the way, but you should polish up the calipers now you can see them so well. only takes a wire brush drill bit and a few minutes.

Didnt know that... buggers around my area still have the brush ones. in that case Ucwepn go for it.... BUT i did some research and they rekon that they use heavy duty soaps that will strip your wax away plus theyre no good for very dirty cars as the high pressure wash will push that dirt over your duco as it sprays causing surface scratches. plus no good for some alloys as that soap can tarnish it. im sticking with proper hand washing methods...go here...
http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html

Last edited:

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Cool mate thanks for the info might give it a good hand wash and polish this weekend, getting high flow cats next week still haven't decided on 100cpi or 200cpi I do know I want it louder though.

Here's a couple of pics, the lighter one in the sun with chrome strips removed from my 20's. And the darker one after I washed it last week.

peeds13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II, VS III Maloo
Looks better without the chrome I reckon. Love the lip on those rims too, looks good bud

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Thanks guys, Catch can has been installed, pcv to can and then can to TB. High flow cats are going in this week and new tensioner pulley next weekend as its been noisy for too long.

Legal setup as far as I know as its a sealed can and the pcv is still connected and functioning although now it goes through the can before going to the TB

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Fitted the new pcv last night, old one was very gunked up and the rattly thing inside was barely moving like it was supposed to. Just had new redback 200 cell stainless cats fitted, cost $560 fitted. sounds slightly better and that annoying cat rattle is gone (can you put a price on that? well yes $560 lol)

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
A million little jobs lol
Just fitted a new idler tensioner pulley. The manual we used was wrong! it said push the tensioner anti clockwise but it was actually clockwise XD, sat the turtle shell on to see how it fits with the catch can and the otr connector, fits ok lol, thinking about painting the otr black and cleaning the engine bay up a bit

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Did some more stuff this week, namely a replacement front passenger seatbelt was fitted and we tinted the fog lights, not too bad for a home job its very subtle.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Did some more stuff this week, namely a replacement front passenger seatbelt was fitted and we tinted the fog lights, not too bad for a home job its very subtle.

Came out good. matches the headlights now, not too dark. Turtle cover traps the heat in so took mine off. Looking for some split covers but theyre around $90 bucks on ebay and there is NO bang for ur bucks..might ask the mrs to buy me them for my bday though?haha