Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wepn WH Stato ls1 on 20's

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Thanks mate, decided when I got home to bust out the good camera :D

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Been a while, anyway still have this car, still going well. I had a wheel alignment not long ago and its driving really well.

If you have read the earlier parts of this thread you may know that I thought the car was badly tuned when I bought it (like an ebay or mail order tune), and that the transmission line pressure was jacked right up in the software and this has cost me a couple of transmissions. So I had planned to get a retune for a while particularly with hooper automotive and ProLs1 tuning in Eltham. And lucky me they had a special a couple of weeks back with mafless dyno tune for $450, they quickly saw that my pcm was locked from the last tuner and a replacement was quickly found at cost price. My speedo was also calibrated for 3.9's and 20's and I am very very happy. 230kw at the wheels was the final figure which is nice and healthy for a stock motor. Power now feels much meatier in the mid and high rpms and its also much quicker off the mark!

Last edited:

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
My car made it into Street commo magazine last month in the readers rides! Stoked lol

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Back with an update, radiator failed internally letting coolant mix with trans fluid, even though it has an aftermarket separate trans cooler it was still routed through the radiators stock trans cooler. So got a new radiator, new heater tap and bypassed the stock trans cooler straight to the stand alone cooler up front. Got the transmission serviced/flushed and its all going very well. It is extremely hungry on fuel but of course it could have something to do with 20's 245's and driving style + weight of the battleship lol but I suspect its the O2 sensors that are ancient and new replacing, so that will be the next job. Oh and finally got a pair of new wiper blade assemblies to go on today LOL (why did I leave it so long!!??)

Was checking my globes but thought I would snap a piccy lol, Doing it's daily duty well!

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Yes saw your car in the mag. looked good.. Was thinking bout sending mine in also. What res and size do pics have to be?
230rwkw is an honest correct amount for the mods you have .. so no happy dyno as with some on this forum!!

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
hey mate sorry for the long lack of reply, I just posted the pic to their facebook page mid last year and honestly forgot all about it, someone on the stato group on facey said they saw my car in SC I was like "bullshit" LOL

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Some more updates, its been a while again, Got some new cree LED H27 globes for my foggies and cree led T10 for parkers, Also got new Bosch O2 sensors in today and it has picked up some power as a result so they must have been old/shagged.

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
14.7L/100km average speed 35km/h, much better than the 20+L/100km I was getting

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Mid 2016 and it's still going strong! Owned her for 5 years or so now and love her dearly and she has been very reliable still :)