Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Were all VTSS driver seat Electric?

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
Ok the drivers seat in my VNSS is bugging me...The car has VtSS seats front and back,now everytime i sit in the drivers seat it goes down about 1.5-2" with my weight and when i getout comes straight back up. Its like im sitting near the floor compared to my vn calais.. As i want the seat to stay up or get it abit higher..
I was at a wrecker on the weekend grabbing a handbrake handle and spotted a vt of some sort,so i pulled the bottom trim off the seat and it had alittle electronic box clipped to the inside of the plastic trim so im assuming that was an electric seat. After removing the trim i took a look at the rest of the base and it looks nothing like mine.
Take the bottom trim of mine and there is like a large wheel surrounded by a spring or something and have no idea what it does. So im assuming there should be a leaver or something for height adjusting. Just tring to figure out why it goes up and down by itself when i sit in it. Worst come worst i'll put some wood blocks under the seat to stop it from going down when i sit in it.

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
hrmm very interesting, i checked my vn calais and it has the extendable handle to raise the seat. Now it makes sense i found the same handle sitting in the map pocket of the vt seat. Now im thinking the previous owner of my car must have converted the vt ss seat onto the vn rails...

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
hrmm very interesting, i checked my vn calais and it has the extendable handle to raise the seat. Now it makes sense i found the same handle sitting in the map pocket of the vt seat. Now im thinking the previous owner of my car must have converted the vt ss seat onto the vn rails...

very common upgrade.

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
yes so it seems,better go to the wrecker and grabs some parts,coz im thinking im missing afew bit to fit the handle thingy back on.