Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wet Carpet In VS Calais? Help Please

holdenkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 3.8Ltr
Hey all,

I havent seen much on this topic so i thought i would make a new thread for it. after vacuuming my car out i noticed that the carpet was wet underneath. after a full inspection i noticed the front passenger and both rear passenger footwells were soaked. More so the left hand side is soaked than the right which i thought eliminates the idea of a leaking heater core as well as the fact my coolant has been on max for months. Now we have been getting some rain in qld so im guessing its got something to do with a leak. however after hosing my car for a decent ten minutes, with a bare cabin i found no water leakages of any sort. Can someone please tell me if they know of anyone who have resolved the same problem. Im really scratching my head trying to find answers.

Thanks
holdenkid

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
Check out the drain plug for the air con, if it clogs up water can leak into the cabin. If you do clean it out use something like a plastic cable tie so you don't damage anything.

Mike

holdenkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 3.8Ltr
thanks dude, but where can i find it??

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
there are also a series of rubber grommets on the floorpan, if some of these are missing, it is possible that over time water can flick or spray up and soak its way through.

holdenkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 3.8Ltr
ok guys i have checked both tubes which drain on to the top of the tranny and they were clear, however should i push something up the air con box behind the head unit to clear anything out?? im not sure if that is where the blockage occurs

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
hey dude i found the same thing with my clubby as im in brissy aswell i put it in the car wash at work and you would never guess where it was coming from ....my pass door was filling up with water and flowing onto the floor because there was a few leaves in my passenger door blocking the 2 drain holes

cheers doug

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
check door rubbers if the are not stuck on the can leak and rust around front windscreen.

Amped

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk wags & Vl berlina
also if you have done a lot of towing with the car there is a chance it's leaking around the two rear windows have seen this lot on vn-vr

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
also if you have done a lot of towing with the car there is a chance it's leaking around the two rear windows have seen this lot on vn-vr

Whats towing got to do with that?

Amped

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk wags & Vl berlina
cars can strech out over time for a lot of towing have been a panel beater for a few years now and have seen this problem a number of times more so in wagons