Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wet drivers side floor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon, 69 dat 1000(delco powered)
Hi
I had water inside my vt wagon. I thought what you thought. Nope, wasn't that.
Problem was cause by no clear plastic door seals. Take the door trims of. Now look at the door. There should be a clear plastic covering the door. Mine, l had been doing some work on the door interior (changing window winder) & when finished, l hadn't resealed the clear plastic cover.
That was the only problem.

I had previously fixed leaks from the ceiling from the roof racks.

This may help you?

So,

I tried to find the leak again and.... success!
After running the hose on specific areas for about 20 minutes I found two leaks.
1 massive one - which explains the sodden carpet
1 small one, which i think explains the water in rubber floor mat (I hope)

The small one is under the dash somewhere, dropping just a smidge every now and then directly behind the accelerator pedal.

The other one is coming from the door.
So it seems that the seal at sits against the outside of the glass has bowed over the years, and its wide enough to get a sheet of paper between. Now that I know it s there, i cant un-see it, but before there was no way i could see water in there.

So the water is flowing into the door, and sitting against the plastic sheet.
In the corner of the photo you can see where it is leaking past and into the car.
I was getting easily 1/2 litre in a few minutes.

Ill glue up the plastic and look for a new glas seal to stop the water getting into the door to start with.

And ill update again shortly - bushfire watch and act just announced for my place - back soon i hope

Attachments

• 20191108_145508.jpg
    20191108_145508.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 210
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon, 69 dat 1000(delco powered)
the door seal that sits against the window , is that called the weather strip?

As in would this be suitable for a 2001 VT II wagon

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4pcs-We...-commodore-VT-VX-VY-VZ-SEDAN-HSV/254347984929

or this sort of thing?
as it seems my car is an oddball, getting a listing to match can be difficult.
My insurer, local auto parts store, wikipedia, google says my car doesn't exist - it should be a VX, but the VIN says its a VT. Must be the very last of em.

Last edited: