Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wet floor passenger side

Macka21

Reaction score
Members Ride
CAMMED VY SS Series 2 M6
yeah family friend good to no the right people

torichanelle

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 holden commdore omega
My 07 holden omega has wet floor on drivers side. I dried it all out and put zippy ties up the air con pipes to unblock anything but they were fine so ended up usong silicone underneath the car to try block up anything if rain is getting in somehow. Dried it all and waitied bout a week and have jus felt its getting wet AGAIN.. Ive read the comments and can see its happening a lot can anyone help a poor girl out with what else it could be

R

Risky

It's all about the process of elimination with leaks. I had 3 in my ute & it was driving me insane trying to find the source & eliminating it http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-holden-commodore-2002-2004/250639-drivers-side-leak.html. My advice to anyone experiencing leaks is to do the following:

Take off the door card(s) & check the plastic weather shield for tears & non sealing sealant. To check, hose down your door & watch where the water accumulates. Check the drainage holes under the door.

Check all door rubbers to see if it seals properly. Door rubber components cost $80 each new from Holden. Again get someone to hose the affected area.

On the body check the rubber plugs. They can perish over time. cheap to replace. Stick your fingers inside to feel for any water.

Take the wiper arms off & the plastic shroud(s). Look for signs of accumulated water. Clear any leaves & clear the drainage holes. Check the seams on the bodywork & the rubber & sealants around the window. Again use a hose to check. If the glass needs replacing, do not use O'Briens but a better established company to replace the glass. Check rubbers around the glass.

If required take the kick panel off & feel for dampness or water. You may also need to take the plastic trim around the door frame off to find the leak. Don't be afraid to pull up the carpet & check the seams & any rubbers on the floor for signs it may have perished. Look at the carpet for mould patches. Remember water goes down & not up.

Check the B pillars as water can accumulate inside.

If water is in the boot, check the pinchweld rubber. look for water trails (and rust). Check carpets, spare wheel well, seams and any previous repair work.

Water leaks are a pain in the backside so instead of getting frustrated, think logically & eventually you'll find the source of your problems. Also do a search here as others like myself have had these problems.

Sarah_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport
I recently experienced a major water leak in passenger side footwell in my VF HSV Clubsport. Ive had the car for 1.5 years and havent had a problem before but recently noticed a mouldy smell while vacuuming the carpet and discovered to my horror a swampy puddle in the front and rear passenger footwell. After sopping it up with a chamois and filling a bucket with over 2 litres of water I tried to diagnose what the problem might be. The inside door lining or seat wasn't effected (no water stains on seats or any water in the door lining hand holds or cup holders cavities). The windows hadn't been down and I hadn't driven in the rain at all. After drying out the carpet with a portable fan for a week I thought it might just have been a water bottle leak from groceries or something until it happened again after driving in sunny weather with noting else in the car other than myself. Again about 2 litres of water had seeped into the passenger footwells and as it was still under warranty and the issue had happened twice I figured it must be a fault and so took it into the dealership for repair. The repair included pulling up the entire carpet and replacing it and whilst doing that they discovered a grommit had been dislodged on the passenger front side of the centre console near the shifter under the carpet next to the air conditioner condenser which allowed the air conditioner condensation over flow to come directly into the cabin. Luckily it was all fixed up under warranty and its back to showroom condition but I thought Id write this up incase it helps anyone else try to locate the mystery leak.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Just pulled my plenum assembly off to investigate a bad leak I had in my ve and I thought I’d throw some pictures up because it was pretty simple and is a design thing that will happen to every ve in time …the leak wasn’t massive but every downpour of any size would end up with a musky smell that would go away after a day or so but after this big wet it was more than a a musky smell and wet the passenger side quite a lot so I pulled the plenum apart to find the culprit . The whole lot of the plastics comes off right back to the metal firewall….it’s all just clipped in This small hose attached to the bottom of the tapered facia is supposed to run into the inner guard recess and out of the car but it’s so small it’s 3/16 vacuum hose and it easily blocks up with debris over time and it’s the only exit of any water that flows over the top channel and then when there’s plenty of water and the car is on a angle it pools up can’t get out and then runs up the firewall and … and flows over the bottom of fan opening and then inside the car down the firewall and under the carpet and wets the underlay then you get that musky smell if it’s a isolated downpour but if it’s a few days rain it soaks the whole passenger side front and back …I drilled a few holes higher up in the tapered cover to help bleed the excess water should it reoccur .
86B8EA67-2D19-4A6E-A24F-5A7A3C543A97.jpeg
828A47BB-1432-41DD-A156-73CA93591E41.jpeg
43EEA995-7066-4027-B904-04C13C35878D.jpeg
B97B1E85-43EF-4CDD-8478-25A192DBCC38.jpeg

Last edited:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Very interesting Sherlock, well sleuthed !!!