Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wet floor

Chriscooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
Hi everyone I've noticed the floor in the passenger front foot well is wet any ideas on where the leak maybe coming from? I've checked the door and around the dash and it all seems dry
Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Behind the door card. Water leaks through from the plastic weather cover.

From the ac drain under the HVAC.

From the cabin air intake in the firewall.

Sunroof drain hose perished.

Chriscooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
Thanks very much fu, that gives me a great starting point
Cheers

SV607

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VE SV6 & Holden EH Premier
Behind the door card. Water leaks through from the plastic weather cover.

From the ac drain under the HVAC.

From the cabin air intake in the firewall.

Sunroof drain hose perished.
i 2nd all that.. common on the VE Models.. i had the cabin filter.. water was over flowing into the passenger front floor.. due the drain holes.. being blocked. up and when it rains.. fills up and flows into the car.. i ended up drilling a few 1" holes.. now its fine. even when using a 1" hose at work.. still handles it... water comes in doors.. through cards.. as those tiny slits on bottom of all doors.. block up.. Fu Manchu was right on the money on all he said..

VSCHICK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series III Ute
Might not be the same but had the same issue on a VU ute. Turns out the factory seam where they put the body together wasn't sealed properly. If you exhaust all other avenues try this one as well...
Remove the front quarter panel, follow the seam where the under quarter meets where the bonnet hinge joins the body. Run some black silicon across this seam (may need to take bonnet off too, not sure with a VE sorry) and down to the wheel arch. I found mine by removing the entire dash and having a hose running down the windscreen. Also helps by using a little dishwasher liquid, squirt of water on the outside and an air line from the inside (from the suspected leak site) to blow air out. The dishwasher liquid shows the bubbles from the leak site. Sorry that's so long, hope it helps

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
This was where mine was leaking from. It is just above where the pollen filter sits. I had to remove the wiper arms and cowl to access it.
rsz_1leaking_cowl (1).jpg

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Also check the windscreen. I had a Kingswood that I’m sure leaked through the seal, which ultimately use to make its way down and drip onto my accelerator foot when it rained.