Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wet Weather Tyres VT

Capt Baldman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon
Hey, Thanks greenfoam, i'll look at them...Where from..?

One problem i have found already, because i'm after 16" Tyres, they seem (correction, Are) more expensive then some 17 & 18's...Supply and demand etc....ie, Kuhmo's are $195

I have been watching e-bay, there seems to be some relatively cheap sets of Rims and tyres on there at times....
Currently has Sava Intensa's 225/50R16 on it ( not Dunlops) but they are CRAP in the wet....

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Mate, sorry to have to say this but if you can't afford to put decent tyres onto a car (your son's) then the car shouldn't be on the road. Just what sort of example do you think you would be setting the young fella. Encourage him to be a safe, smart, considerate driver - from the start. Good luck.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Hey, Thanks greenfoam, i'll look at them...Where from..?

One problem i have found already, because i'm after 16" Tyres, they seem (correction, Are) more expensive then some 17 & 18's...Supply and demand etc....ie, Kuhmo's are $195

I have been watching e-bay, there seems to be some relatively cheap sets of Rims and tyres on there at times....
Currently has Sava Intensa's 225/50R16 on it ( not Dunlops) but they are CRAP in the wet....

Highway Tyres

Alot of us run them as the tyre of choice no matter the cost. VN_Luke runs them on a 500 hp car and has taken them to the drag strip with a terminal speed of 120 mph (as with all remoulds they are only officially rated to 140km/h) so they are well proven both for traction and strength. Hopefully they have 16's as you say they are harder to get than 15 or 17's. I only have them on a 5 litre but I feel more confidant with them than any other typical sport tyre in the rain since they are such a soft compound. Also I only run them on the rear of my car at the moment btu I think Morton runs the all around and I think I will next time I wear some fronts out now that I've gone through a few sets of rears and know what they are about