Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

We've Seen The Light...and Bought A Holden

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Well, me and the missus have gone and done it....
after seven years of driving an XC-Update Fairmont GXL, we've gone and bought a '96 VS series 2 Berlina with all the options....and we love it.

Why the change?

Well, how about a 205 hp Ecotec V6 over a heavy old 4.1 liter cross flow that makes about 140 hp at best...or climate control air, or quiet, smooth ride, or twice the fuel economy on a long trip, or cruise control, or more of a shove in the back than I seem to remember from my mates stock old 302 XB Falcon....

It's not the first Holden I've owned, not by a long shot...there was the '76 Sunbird with the (yawn) Opel 4-cyl Black motor, that dropped more oil than a British car would, the VC Commodre 4-cylinder SL auto...which was a bit slow off the line, but which was great on fuel and carried our young family quite comfortably on long trips, then came the UC Sunbird with the Starfire four motor and a four speed, which had a Weber carb and pipes and a shaved head...it went very well...then after that came the Gemini...enough said...then came the VK Calais, with the 3.3 EFI engine...which was a thing of beauty when it was working correctly, but which was the spawn of Satan himself when the EFI started to get a few kilometers and years on it...
In amongst these cars was a forgettable herd of other makes, Ford, Mazda, Toyota, but the Holdens seem to stick in my mind...and now we find ourselves behind the wheel of one again...and this one is a keeper...

Great site you have here, and I'll be dropping by a lot for a look see and to find out any info...

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
Welcome to the site, the VS Berlinas are a lovely car, Good luck and safe motoring.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Enjoy your new drive bud ;)