Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH 2002 V6 Statesman Passengers seat with shearded wiring.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Whilst I was fixing my son car yesterdays I had a Quick look to see why both front seats move back and forth (drivers worst) and I found the reason why as that fibre double sided washer was is totally broken but at the same time I spotted on the Passengers side a crushed, broke set of wires. Now the wire are, Outside Sheaving is PURPLE and under that purple sheaving there is 4 wires and that are RED BLACK and WHITE and Green and found going up the back of the seat on the console side or the middle of the car side of the front Passengers seat.
Hummmm could they be Air Bag? because the Air Bag light has been on for younks
Do anyone recognize the colour coding of these wires.

thanks

(PS Changed a bit as I stuffed up about why the sear rocks back and forth because of that broken double sided washer was totally in peices)

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Well is the plug still on there attached? Is there any wires matching those that are cut? And if the car is insured and he has a crash they wont cover the car as the light means defective there for wont work on impact, well that's with my insurance.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well is the plug still on there attached? Is there any wires matching those that are cut? And if the car is insured and he has a crash they wont cover the car as the light means defective there for wont work on impact, well that's with my insurance.
Well I know that but the only way to find out is unbolt the seat and tip it backwards. As it stand you cant see much but the sheaving and the colours are correct and I need to to know here do they connect to.
Now I will have to tip both front seats back after i disconnect the battery as that nylon washers has to be replaced that allows both seats to rock back and forth. Each seat has two of these worm drive with that nylon washers.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
This is a vt berlina
DSC_0124_zpsad2723cf.jpg

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Wiring-airbags_zpstxdwahq6.jpg
As far as I can see there is no plugs just stripped bare wires. Pity the pics below in the link are poor as it hard to see what is relevant
this is from a vy don't no if they keep using the same color wires.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thanks for this, good pic but its spoiled by Photo Bucket with there logo on where you need to see it.
Red Black
White Green

What do you think? Maybe you eyes are better than mine
I go and zoom in on my computer I will start from left side on the left front seat k, White / Black and red / green and red, green and red / yellow green,