Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH 2002 V6 Statesman Passengers seat with shearded wiring.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I go and zoom in on my computer I will start from left side on the left front seat k, White / Black and red / green and red, green and red / yellow green,
When I have time and the car come back for other work I will try to find out what these cable go too but it seems they go up the top of the Passengers seat (your back area) but where do they connect on the other end the end that goes to the possibly SRS Module or other. there must be a socket that had it wires torn off.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
When I have time and the car come back for other work I will try to find out what these cable go too but it seems they go up the top of the Passengers seat (your back area) but where do they connect on the other end the end that goes to the possibly SRS Module or other. there must be a socket that had it wires torn off.
If there is more wires then it would of being for tilt adjustment, the first 3 wires would be power to the air bag and the other 2 will be the activation switch, boom.
Oh they say the berline are the same in picture so that might help with colours

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
If there is more wires then it would of being for tilt adjustment, the first 3 wires would be power to the air bag and the other 2 will be the activation switch, boom.

Yes I starting to think it the AIR BAG on the passengers seat. I very Surprised if its the air bag wires when the wires were cut the airbag did not go off. eeeeeek!!!

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yes I starting to think it the AIR BAG on the passengers seat. I very Surprised if its the air bag wires when the wires were cut the airbag did not go off. eeeeeek!!!
Yip, very lucky they didn't touch when sliced. More than likely the power was cut first and blew the fuse.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Do you have an airbag light on the dash cluster & a tweet (alarm warning noise) when turning on the ignition to start car?
If not, its not the airbag wiring.
Outside Sheaving is PURPLE and under that purple sheaving there is 4 wires and that are RED BLACK and WHITE and Green and found going up the back of the seat on the console side or the middle of the car side of the front Passengers seat.
Hummmm could they be Air Bag? because the Air Bag light has been on for younks,

Maybe it is, lol.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you have an airbag light on the dash cluster & a tweet (alarm warning noise) when turning on the ignition to start car?
If not, its not the airbag wiring.
Yes when you turn the ignition on the car tests all globes to see if they all work ok then I think after this test most go OFF including the AIR BAG light but after this 2 seconds later the Air Bag light come back on and the car plays it tune to us

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
That sounds to me airbag wiring needs replacing?
Not sure if it is the seat (side airbag) or passenger airbag.

Look at the drivers side & see if you can locate the wiring for the side air bags. Maybe by comparing them you can work out which of the wiring is missing?

Or you could go to the wreckers & compare what is there & what you have?
Or ask one of your friends, that may know?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
That sounds to me airbag wiring needs replacing?
Not sure if it is the seat (side airbag) or passenger airbag.

Look at the drivers side & see if you can locate the wiring for the side air bags. Maybe by comparing them you can work out which of the wiring is missing?

Or you could go to the wreckers & compare what is there & what you have?
Or ask one of your friends, that may know?
Go and start reading from the top down Einstein, he clearly stats wires are sliced, ;);)