Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wh automatic problems

ls1V8powah

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH statesman
Hi there, I have a 2000 wh statesman gen3 ls1 with a 4 speed automatic the cars battery constantly goes flat so its been taked out to be charge a few times. After that last time i put it back in went for a drive and the car was running fine and after someone infront doing 40kmh I switched on the power button on and put my foot down and it reved right up to the top of 2nd I think and would not change gear just hit the rev limiter the car then droped into neutral and would not go into gear would just rev and then just suddenly jump into gear and spin the wheels. We worked out that it would stay in 2nd or 3rd (not sure) would rev right up and the gearbox would neutralize when you reach 100kmh it would stay in neutral untill it rolls down to 40kmh and then it wouldn't go into gear untill you give it a good rev witch has now caused me to lose control and crash into a gutter I plan to fix the car but after that still remains the gearbox. It seems to me like some sort of electrical problem like the gearbox is not responding right including the traction control witch does not work. I don't know if this is something that can be fixed or if I should just replace it with a t56 6 speed.

ls1V8powah

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH statesman
Hi there, I have a 2000 wh statesman gen3 ls1 with a 4 speed automatic the cars battery constantly goes flat so its been taked out to be charge a few times. After that last time i put it back in went for a drive and the car was running fine and after someone infront doing 40kmh I switched on the power button on and put my foot down and it reved right up to the top of 2nd I think and would not change gear just hit the rev limiter the car then droped into neutral and would not go into gear would just rev and then just suddenly jump into gear and spin the wheels. We worked out that it would stay in 2nd or 3rd (not sure) would rev right up and the gearbox would neutralize when you reach 100kmh it would stay in neutral untill it rolls down to 40kmh and then it wouldn't go into gear untill you give it a good rev witch has now caused me to lose control and crash into a gutter I plan to fix the car but after that still remains the gearbox. It seems to me like some sort of electrical problem like the gearbox is not responding right including the traction control witch does not work. I don't know if this is something that can be fixed or if I should just replace it with a t56 6 speed