Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH dash facia into VX Berlina

JuzAndBec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 3.8
Hi everyone - I am new to the forums and I haven't actually picked up my 'new' VX Berlina but I've already started thinking about some mods.

So, my first question is can I fit a WH statesman dash to the VX? The WH has the horseshoe woodgrain part that just covers the centre console, then the grey plastic part that covers the cluster etc. Also the mode button is in a different spot and the analogue clock would need to be powered.

So does anyone know if I got all the facia parts, will these facia parts will 'clip' in or are mount points different

I did a search on this particlur mod but could not find the answer

I wrecker says yes and one says no:confused:

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
Should be nearly exactly the same .... the woodgrain bits will definetly fit as they where on an option on Calais etc,
Not sure about the clock tho

JuzAndBec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 3.8
Thanks DanVN - I think the WH has a different style dash to the Calais, which has woodgrain covering the whole dash facia, not just the centre stack. I know the Calais one will fit but was after something more subtle with not as much much woodgrain everywhere which is why I'm trying to find out if the Statesman dash will fit.

Has anyone done this before?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Hi everyone - I am new to the forums and I haven't actually picked up my 'new' VX Berlina but I've already started thinking about some mods.

So, my first question is can I fit a WH statesman dash to the VX? The WH has the horseshoe woodgrain part that just covers the centre console, then the grey plastic part that covers the cluster etc. Also the mode button is in a different spot and the analogue clock would need to be powered.

So does anyone know if I got all the facia parts, will these facia parts will 'clip' in or are mount points different

I did a search on this particlur mod but could not find the answer

I wrecker says yes and one says no:confused:
I'm pretty sure you will need the dash surround from a WH as well because the standard surround doesn't have the cut outs for the woodgrain part to clip into.
The WH dash surround will fit a VT-VX.

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Did this to my calais. You need the whole surround that goes around your cluster and then the 2 wood grain pieces that go from your vent down to the window switches. The clock will need to be wired up but everything else goes straight in no worries and the trip computer buttons plug straight in.

JuzAndBec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 3.8
Great guys , thanks - that's the answer I was hoping for!

Now I just need to find out if the Statesman radio will fit?
I'm not an audiophile, I just like the look of the bigger display and the CD stacker option......

00vxsc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67, ln106 hilux, xr600r
i have a vx berlina, you know the only thing i hate about it ?, the woodgrain effect around the gearstick. LOL

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
i have a vx berlina, you know the only thing i hate about it ?, the woodgrain effect around the gearstick. LOL
Not hard to get rid of if you hate it so much. Probably $10-$20 at a wreckers.

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
Not hard to get rid of if you hate it so much. Probably $10-$20 at a wreckers.

I bought the VXII Calais one, the dark blue/grey marbled look one....HEAPS BETTER!!

I also installed the WH Statesman dash into my car (VXII Berlina), basically its a throw out for the old dash and in with the WH. You need the cluster surround panel with mode switch etc, the woodgrain panel around the stereo and the panel around the gearshift.

The difference when re-assembling it though, you need to put the radio back in BEFORE you put the woodgrain panel back in, otherwise it won't fit. Still need to get the clock wired up though......:whistling

JuzAndBec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 3.8
Well I got it all in, not too hard with all the instructions on dash removal around the forum. I did the VY sunglasses holder at the same time so now the interior lights up like the Myer windows :) Installed calais leather interior and Nokia carkit with screen.

Nearly done on the interior just need to wire up clock, replace 8 blown globes, get sunvisors with lights,get statesman radio with boot stacker and subs/amp.
Also replace VT S1 Calais leather front seats with S2 or VX leather seats as the Berlina is wondering where the side airbags went.....should have researched that one more thoroughly!