Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH electrical problem???

jess_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7 WH Statesman
Hi everyone, umm... ok where to start,i'll just start from scratch.....

Well, i just got a 5.7 WH Statesman which i took to the mechanics to get a roady, i told them that i think the fan relay needs to be replaced coz sum times wen u turn the car off the fan would stay on, so they replaced that for me, but i noticed since doing that the stereo would shut off every now and again, so i thought it might have something to do with the relay they put in coz it looks like its only a cheapo...

Anyway, i was driving the car when all of a sudden the stereo shut off, then the horn started going off, the window wipers started going, the boot popped open so i turned the car off, the horn continued to go off, so i had to pull the relays out. I did noticed a clicking noise also under the steering wheel in the fuse compartment, then a burning smell.
So then i started the car back up and took it straight home.
When i got home i noticed the electric windows wouldn't wind up, interior light won't work, stereo won't work and boot won't open....

I have checked a couple of fuses but they seem to be ok, but i just want sum help, if anyone knows what the problem could be... I can't take the car anywhere atm, being Christmas and all, nothing's open... Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks everyone.... Jess
SORRY it's so long also... :blah blah:

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
You will have to dig deeper to find the issue out.. I can say that no one on the forum will know (unless they have a look for them selves.

You say that there was/is a burnt smell around where the fuses are? I see that as a good place to start. You'll need to have a look at the rear of all that and see if someone has done a dodgy spice that has clearly failed.. Could be part of the BCM that's failed as it sits behind.. Not going to know without diving in there and having a good poke around.. If you're not confident or have half a clue sadly you'll just have to wait for the pro's to look at ;)

mastadd

Reaction score
Website
www.classicskylinesaustralia.com
Members Ride
Vu Spac Ute
I thought that the Gen 3's keep the fan on after you turn car off for a little bit to cool the car down more?!?

sounds like the fuse has blown, or several, i would not risk playing around with it, as there must be a reason for it blowing, and a electrical fire if big enough, will write your car off