Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH Grange LSD into VZ V6 Berlina?

TEGBOY

Reaction score
Hi all,

We have a WH Grange at home that we bought as a wreck, my brother has taken the engine and auto. Which leave the LSD sitting there, I was thinking could/would this work in my 06 VZ Berlina? I realise it was from V8 in the Grange, but both are auto's. Would this be an easy swap? I want my traction control, ABS etc all to still work.

I am not sure of the ratio's of the LSD, I cannot get under the car to check

Or should I just sell the LSD? I have searched regarding this, but I couldn't find any definite answers. I don't have a great mechanical knowledge, I have an electrical knowledge

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The diffs should just swap over just make sure both cars have the same diff to tailshaft coupling.
The early VT used the old style universal joint and the VZ uses a 3bolt doughnut style connection, not sure what is fitted to a WH.
Both vehicles will have basically the same or similar ratio, the V8 auto's use a M80 internals with 3.07 ratio, the VZ V6 uses M78 internals with either 2.87 (5speed auto) or 3.08 (4speed auto).