Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wh grange with wh caprice roof lining question

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I aim to please. :D

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 Maloo R8 #0422, Grange 255 ls1 #0036 & #0167
Well thankyou for your help. I decided id have a go and see what happened, I picked up the new harness and its not the same. Steering wheel controls work roof still not working. If and when I figure out what the problem is ill be sure to let you fine folk and anyone else who tries to do the roof controls conversion into the same or lower spec car can benefit from actual answers found through trial and error. Not guesses maybes and this stupid keyboard warrior ####

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
ive got a thought. plug in your oem headunit, if the roof controls work, they will work with the aftermarket harness.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Not guesses maybes and this stupid keyboard warrior ####

HYAH!!!!

My keyboard kung-fu is stronger than yours! Your kung-fu is no match!

KEEEYYYYAAAHHHH!!!!!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Well thankyou for your help. I decided id have a go and see what happened, I picked up the new harness and its not the same. Steering wheel controls work roof still not working. If and when I figure out what the problem is ill be sure to let you fine folk and anyone else who tries to do the roof controls conversion into the same or lower spec car can benefit from actual answers found through trial and error. Not guesses maybes and this stupid keyboard warrior ####

Your welcome Davo! Anytime mate! Now, unfortunately, you have a problem. Because as I said above... they are the same wiring. Now if I was a nice guy I could tell you how to locate the problem using a fancy dancy multimeter. But this warrior needs to go resharpen his keyboard.

While we are on the topic of keyboard warriors, can I just politely point out that it was infact you who started the rudeness, the sarcasm and finally the name calling. Yet you choose to call me the Keyboard Warrior?...maybe it is rocket science for some. Enjoy trying to figure out how to get it working, unlike you I do have the answer for where you went wrong. (Presuming you made the simple mistake I did on my first conversion)

And please, Car Audio God? You got to do something better than that. Been called that many times on this forum. Perhaps it all went to my head? Who knows. lol

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
ive got a thought. plug in your oem headunit, if the roof controls work, they will work with the aftermarket harness.

Cheers, Im actually in the middle of doing that right now, with the factory caprice unit and my original one.
If that doesnt work im thinking of buying another adapter and running two of them. My theory for that is the caprice has 'dual zone' sound I guess you could call it, so the rear passengers can choose cd, radio etc and listen to something else without interrupting the rest of the car. My kenwood h/u also has this capability and so hopefully a second adapter running independent of the steering wheel controls and solely for the roof might fix any 'confusion' that might be going on. As ive said before though everything else has been spot on

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Your welcome Davo! Anytime mate! Now, unfortunately, you have a problem. Because as I said above... they are the same wiring. Now if I was a nice guy I could tell you how to locate the problem using a fancy dancy multimeter. But this warrior needs to go resharpen his keyboard.

While we are on the topic of keyboard warriors, can I just politely point out that it was infact you who started the rudeness, the sarcasm and finally the name calling. Yet you choose to call me the Keyboard Warrior?...maybe it is rocket science for some. Enjoy trying to figure out how to get it working, unlike you I do have the answer for where you went wrong. (Presuming you made the simple mistake I did on my first conversion)

And please, Car Audio God? You got to do something better than that. Been called that many times on this forum. Perhaps it all went to my head? Who knows. lol

Perhaps you're right. Then again 'yes' isnt much help. If everything is plug and play how couldve something gone amiss? Ill take your advice though and Ill down 2 da autobarnz and tell the guy yes see how far that gets me. before all the crap youve already mentioned I said in not as many word's neck up ya parrot I don't want your advice or help because the help youve given others is rude, cocky and arrogant. Now im gonna carry on living my life and ill figure it out for myself and use the advice and take on ideas from people that have something of some merit or worth which would be everyone else but yourself.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
And I ask again. Where have I been rude, cocky or arrogant?

Leave my parrot out of this... He has done nothing to upset you.

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
You done? I can see your getting a kick of getting a rise out from me so im not gonna bother humouring you but keep stirring

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Almost done. But in all seriousness... When was I rude, cocky and arrogant to someone other than you right now? I never mean to be.