Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH Statesman Fuel Questions

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Does your trip computer give accurate figures, eg ... fuel remaining, distance to empty, avg consumption ?
If so, ignore what is on the gauge, and work on those figures.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
im pretty sure there correct as when i checked with a marked pole it was little over 40lts and the fuel used would of been correct as i have noticed it has been upgraded a little i.e exhaust, bigger throttle body and it still runs beautifully on fuel for a v8 and ill check the pressure in the lines but don't really want to test the pump as long as it is a fuel thing irdc if it stalled due to the pump not working anymore as its going to be put away as im getting a Ve next the wh is having a break and all the internals of the engine are going to be replaced

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
Does your trip computer give accurate figures, eg ... fuel remaining, distance to empty, avg consumption ?
If so, ignore what is on the gauge, and work on those figures.

fuel remaining and distance to empty just read full constantly avg fuel consumption dose work

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
im pretty sure there correct as when i checked with a marked pole it was little over 40lts and the fuel used would of been correct as i have noticed it has been upgraded a little i.e exhaust, bigger throttle body and it still runs beautifully on fuel for a v8 and ill check the pressure in the lines but don't really want to test the pump as long as it is a fuel thing irdc if it stalled due to the pump not working anymore as its going to be put away as im getting a Ve next the wh is having a break and all the internals of the engine are going to be replaced
so long as it was not an engine problem it is over 311000kms

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
and i did not hear and unusual noises or tick/knock

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
fuel used is based from injector pulse and km driven gives u an average, just the sender playing up changes distance to empty if it says full all the time

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
i knew i had to replace the pump just yesterday it was behaving bad in park/stopped at lights and stuff when driving it was fine and once the extra 20 in fuel went in it stopped trying to stall altogether idle is now normal I've never had a fuel pump go on any Holden Ive owned so far just an exploder V8 which showed its signs by taking a long time cranking to finally bring the fuel up so ive never expirenced a Holdens go before

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
i knew i had to replace the pump just yesterday it was behaving bad in park/stopped at lights and stuff when driving it was fine and once the extra 20 in fuel went in it stopped trying to stall altogether idle is now normal I've never had a fuel pump go on any Holden Ive owned so far just an exploder V8 which showed its signs by taking a long time cranking to finally bring the fuel up so ive never expirenced a Holdens go before
First time for everything, had my pump stopped before going lpg, no warning no sound just stopped so cranked up the sub and off we go again, lol but don't take a chance its no fun with a full tank of fuel and your on the side of the road with a failed pump, it only worked for one day after didn't matter how many times a bashed the tank with a block of wood. Road side Mechanic charged $295 to replace the pump but lost around 10L of fuel as didn't have anything but what the guy had which was 2 20L drums.