Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH Statesman Fuel Questions

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
Hi i have a couple questions about my fuel pump in my WH LS1
question 1: how big is its tank actually 70, 75 or 80ltr?
Question 2: my fuel gauge is reading full i do know the suspected problems faulty sender on pump to even a dash problem but this question should answer where my problem may lay. So here is the Question, where is the sensor located for how much fuel is used on current trip and also where the liters per kms sensor is located as they work and if they are on fuel pump then i just found my problem. if not im in a world of pain as i never pulled a dash and i bet it would cost 2 arms and 2 legs to find the problem

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
75L tank. Don't know about sender could be a broken wire near the fuel pump connector or bad earth, the computer should determine how much fuel is in the tank via volt the pump is sending to the computer.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
VT and VX are well known for sender unit problems. Most likely will need a new sender/pump assembly. It will be exi as the aftermarket units tend to develop problems pretty quick.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Here is a old thread might help.

EDIT- Just looked at the supercharged VT factory wiring diagram, and it shows there's a fuel pump control module, it uses a Black/blue wire, a violet wire, a Black/white wire, a Violet/white wire, and the Light Blue wire.
The Light Blue wire goes from fuel pump control module to PCM terminal E5.
The Violet/white wire goes from fuel pump control module to fuel pump.
The Black/white wire goes from fuel pump control module to fuel pump.
The Black/blue wire leaves fuel pump, then it turns into a Black/white wire which goes from fuel pump control module.
The violet wire goes from fuel pump relay to fuel pump control module.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
Brett_jjj, Sep 30, 2013

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
I read putting injector cleaner in the tank can sometimes clean a dirty sender thats reading wrong i tried it myself works somewhat better now

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
Thanks for all the info i have put injector cleaner through my car and all the other cleaners every 5000mks as it dose do highway kms just to go anywhere. im not going to touch it until i retire it in 3 or 4 mnts i hope its just a sensor as my dad's car Vy ute just got a whole new pump about 4 mts ago and was told that his problem was in the dash and would cost an arm and a leg to fix.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
ok something wired happened yesterday started the car with 34 ltrs so pretty much half a tank, and it was almost dying when i would come to a stop rpm dropped below 500 mark never done this in its life, thought low fuel put $20 in it put a marked pole down the tank and it was just over 40 ltrs when i put the fuel in. I left Melton heading to readsdale put the fuel in in gisbon and checked the tank there so i don't think my ltr per kms sensor is buggered so it can't be picking up crap off the bottom of the tank what else could it be i don't know as if it was dirty fuel $20 extra fuel would just contaminate the new fuel and once i put the new fuel in and checked it the engine ran fine 750-800 rpm at stop/idle

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
also no dash lights came on and engine temp was normal

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
also for a ls1 its quiet clean engine no leaks and i really could cook eggs on the heads, recently had the last hole plugged pwr steering rack trany service new center bearing and bush kit for my rear shocks the last thing i had done to the engine it self was have rear main seal 3 welch plugs new head and inlet Manifold gaskets water pump and thermo at 308000kms its only a little over 311000kms now