Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH Statesman Questions

Siggers86

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
Howdy Folks,

Been a member for a while, did a write up about the blower fan on the VS commodores a while ago, hope that helped people!

Just purchased a WH, and I like it, I said it hahaha...

Its the family run about and cruiser, well the little one has the rear to himself...

I have a few questions that I would like to know.

Are the motors and driveline the same as the VX's? I have a V6, and from what I can tell the gearbox seems different, however I am not sure, motor appears the same?

Also suspension, are these similar components, or are they all statesman only stuff?

Also things like exhausts and extractors, I would imagine the exhaust to be different in length, but are the headers different, looking at dropping a set on and would like to know if I can grab a set of another model pre used?

Im assuming the rear is an open center as well?

Little difficult to find info like this around here?

Thanks in advance.

sleepinvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
99" vt berlina
as far as i know mate, the only major difference is the computer & BCM (for statesmans extra features), some people have told me the rear housing on the box is different, but internally its the same......and the suspension is universal, can use it on vx/vice versa......extractors will fit, but i believe you will need a custom pipeline made, because of the vehicles length...im pretty sure its an open mate, havent heard of the 6 being LSD standard, but i havent had to much experience in the stateo fields....surely someone will know for sure

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
1. Engine is the same
2. Gearbox is the same (bellhousing inclusive as far as im aware)
3. Suspension is the same (sedan springs sit a little lower in LWB statesman because of increased weight)
4. Tailshaft is the same as wagon (longer then sedan)
5. Exhaust is the same as wagon (longer then sedan)
6. Extractors same as any ecotec vt onwards. VS extractors wont fit. they foul on the vt powersteering rack (i think)
7. Diff should be open, and yes, same as any open wheeler commodore. Only one way to find out if its an LSD or not though ;)
- VT/WH have a slightly different tailshaft-to-gearbox coupling as models VX-onwards

Siggers86

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
OK thanks very much for that info, now just to be sure, the exhaust off the wagons is the same as the statesmans? Exhaust shop told me they were not interchangeable...

Any idea on how much lower the sedan springs sit? 30mm all round? Will it give a washy feel, as its sits on the road very nicely now, just want a little moar low...

Siggers86

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
Also does anyone know the mounting distance between the bolt holes on vt - vy brakes?