Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH Statesman radio witing

whtoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH2 Caprice
I just got a 2001 WH with the factory radio and have bought a double Din radio to put in it.
Does anyone know what the round connector with all the pins that goes into the back of the factory radio does ?
The new radio unit i bought doesn`t have the hole in the back of it to take this connector . Is it for the steering wheel or remote or something ?
I assume i can still just use the 2 wiring harness adaptors and the radio will still work .
Thanks for any feedback .

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I just got a 2001 WH with the factory radio and have bought a double Din radio to put in it.
Does anyone know what the round connector with all the pins that goes into the back of the factory radio does ?
The new radio unit i bought doesn`t have the hole in the back of it to take this connector . Is it for the steering wheel or remote or something ?
I assume i can still just use the 2 wiring harness adaptors and the radio will still work .
Thanks for any feedback .
I think the round plug is for the CD player?
Do you have a working CD player?

whtoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH2 Caprice
I think the round plug is for the CD player?
Do you have a working CD player?
I have a CD stacker in the boot but have not tried to use it yet. I don`t play CDs so if that is all it is ,then it won`t matter if it is not plugged in . Thanks for the reply.

whtoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH2 Caprice
I just tried the CD and it doesn`t work anyway.

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I have a CD stacker in the boot but have not tried to use it yet. I don`t play CDs so if that is all it is ,then it won`t matter if it is not plugged in . Thanks for the reply.
Thats if l'm correct?

whtoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH2 Caprice
Thats if l'm correct?
I`ll find out next weekend but you may be right. I pulled the radio out today ,but one of the wiring adaptors they sold me had the wrong plug on it so i had to put the radio back in. They have ordered the correct one and it should be there during the week and i`ll give it another go next weekend. Not happy i had to travel 100 kms to find out they didn`t have the right one ,but that`s life.
Thats if l'm correct?

Reactions: Lex