Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH Statesman Stereo Mod/Upgrade

electricmonk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing...Yet
Ok I bought a WH statesman roughly two weeks ago.
It has the Stock Maestro system, boot cd changer, hands free phone kit and VDO/Dayton GPS installed

I have so many ideas in my head about where I would like to with this. I have searched here for RCA and line in mods but the links are broken, cant find anything on ASR who used to do the mods or they are for other model's. (VY-VZ)

My initial plan was to use the stuff out of my old WB as much as possible.

Kicker ZX700.5 (70wx4 RMS, 210wx1RMS)
Pioneer TS-A6965S 6x9's
Pioneer TS-G1644R 16cm coaxials
Boxed Clarion PA12-S

The CD changer in the boot of the WH is knackered. It was held in loosely with one screw so had been bouncing around. For me not worth fixing but does give me the cable free if needed.

When I bought the car I didn't know it had the 8" subs or the tweeters in the dash...which sort of complicates things but is better than I expected

Option 1: Take out the stock 8" subs and use my 6x9's with the boxed sub in the boot. Forget about the rear door speakers and buy a set of splits for the front.

Option 2: Upgrade the 8" subs in the stock position and run a separate amp for them. Use my 16cm pioneers for the rear doors and buy a set of splits for the front.

Option 3: Leave the stock 8" subs powered by whatever deck is fitted, have the 12" clarion in the boot running off the amp, Pioneer 16cm in rear doors and but a set of splits for the front....

The deck is doing my head in to be honest. I don't want or need DVD/CD.

Option 1: For now buy a Chinese head unit with touch screen, Bluetooth GPS and tyre monitoring....cooool........and run on android so better compatibility with my phone

Option 2: Find out if I can mod my stock head unit so it receives a Bluetooth signal and three preouts (Front/Rear/Sub)...I don't even know if any of that is even possible

That leaves me with the probably genuine holden hands free kid (Had a nokia adaptor but that was worn through to the wires so uncliped it) Can I get an adaptor for a more modern Samsung phone so it can be used with the hands free? I saw nothing on ebay.

Any advice will be appreciated

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Ok I bought a WH statesman roughly two weeks ago.
It has the Stock Maestro system, boot cd changer, hands free phone kit and VDO/Dayton GPS installed

I have so many ideas in my head about where I would like to with this. I have searched here for RCA and line in mods but the links are broken, cant find anything on ASR who used to do the mods or they are for other model's. (VY-VZ)

My initial plan was to use the stuff out of my old WB as much as possible.

Kicker ZX700.5 (70wx4 RMS, 210wx1RMS)
Pioneer TS-A6965S 6x9's
Pioneer TS-G1644R 16cm coaxials
Boxed Clarion PA12-S

The CD changer in the boot of the WH is knackered. It was held in loosely with one screw so had been bouncing around. For me not worth fixing but does give me the cable free if needed.

When I bought the car I didn't know it had the 8" subs or the tweeters in the dash...which sort of complicates things but is better than I expected

Option 1: Take out the stock 8" subs and use my 6x9's with the boxed sub in the boot. Forget about the rear door speakers and buy a set of splits for the front.

Option 2: Upgrade the 8" subs in the stock position and run a separate amp for them. Use my 16cm pioneers for the rear doors and buy a set of splits for the front.

Option 3: Leave the stock 8" subs powered by whatever deck is fitted, have the 12" clarion in the boot running off the amp, Pioneer 16cm in rear doors and but a set of splits for the front....

The deck is doing my head in to be honest. I don't want or need DVD/CD.

Option 1: For now buy a Chinese head unit with touch screen, Bluetooth GPS and tyre monitoring....cooool........and run on android so better compatibility with my phone

Option 2: Find out if I can mod my stock head unit so it receives a Bluetooth signal and three preouts (Front/Rear/Sub)...I don't even know if any of that is even possible

That leaves me with the probably genuine holden hands free kid (Had a nokia adaptor but that was worn through to the wires so uncliped it) Can I get an adaptor for a more modern Samsung phone so it can be used with the hands free? I saw nothing on ebay.

Any advice will be appreciated
The factory deck powers a factory amp located in the passenger rear quarter panel section. Then that powers all the door speakers, dash tweeters and shelf speakers. If you change the front door speakers you need to either delete the tweeters or replace with splits n crossovers. The factory loom might be a issue to pigyback the possible options you mention. Ive resurched any possibilities for myself and had two options.

1- New headunit plug into factory harness with a aeropro adaption harness that includes stearing control funtion, delete boot stacker as it isnt compatible to plug in/read, keep factory speaker arrangement powered by the factory amp with the options to renew all speakers.
1b- (The front change required a loom mod for the crossovers and new wires.)

2-New headunit partial plug into factory harness excluding speakers. Harness with a aeropro adaption harness that includes stearing control funtion may not function correct, run all needed to alternative amp/s then run all needed to speakers.

Ive kept it simple with option 1. No cut looms.

electricmonk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing...Yet
Thanks gohrdrgomad, yes will be using aeropro harness where needed. Im not a big fan of cutting the loom. I have the correct loom to convert Holden to iso and keep the steering controls.