Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH statesman trans fluid

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Glad you cleared that up. So it's a select few that and not all the top trans builders in the country that say Dex3 is best? Since it is just a select few I will trust my top quality trans tech when he puts Hi tec full syn in my trans. I will also trust him when he says the advantage of full syn is longer service intervals 60k - 65k as opposed to 20k - 25k for Dex3.

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Is that right?? You know all the top builders in every state then?

I was just going through your build thread and you state that everywhere you take your car to is the best in the state, have you used everybody in the state then?

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
All the top transmission builders that I know of recommend only straight dexron 3 mineral oil.

Yep just use dirty old dex 3 and change it at every 20,000k's, this give you a earlier chance of finding if something is failing.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I was just going through your build thread and you state that everywhere you take your car to is the best in the state, have you used everybody in the state then?
Good to see you pop your head in to create an argument that you wrere not involved in, pretty normal though..... Best in the north of the State Pal, is what I've said. I go by recommendations. Harry was recommended as the best. I have used a few different garages for other work and Harry is the one they all want to use. He books out for between 3 and 6 months because he is known as the best in the north. There are several trans techs in the north but all reports I have received is Harry is the best. Oh and yeah not sure where I have said I take my ute to everyone who is best in the state? I certainly never claimed that every garage I have used is the best in the State if you dug through you would see I have have had a few **** up from garages that should have done better, IMHO....

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Anyway I don't want to continue perpetuating an argument so will leave it there unless I am expected to reply. I trust my trans bloke who uses full syn and for me it is better, as I pay $200 to have mine serviced and with syn oil it means I'm not at his workshop every year for a service. Also I wasn't intentionally dissing @Juice3 even though it might have sounded like that because of the way I write. Apologies Juice.

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/t-converter.277602/post-3033899

Sorry the best in Tas not state.

Anyway I don't want to continue perpetuating an argument so will leave it there unless I am expected to reply. I trust my trans bloke who uses full syn and for me it is better, as I pay $200 to have mine serviced and with syn oil it means I'm not at his workshop every year for a service. Also I wasn't intentionally dissing @Juice3 even though it might have sounded like that because of the way I write. Apologies Juice.

Right back at you Pal.