Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH Statesman V6 low traction

Nvr_L8_In_The_3.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 3.8L V6 S/C
Hey guys, I have just recently bought another Statesman. Is the WH V6 S/c. Basically if I accelerate and the rear wheels try to slip, low traction flashes and the car almost cuts it off. If i turn traction control off or unplug abs then it's fine and no issues. Is this normal or have I got an issue? First time having traction control in any of my commodores so it's fairly new for me. Just let me know

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Hey guys, I have just recently bought another Statesman. Is the WH V6 S/c. Basically if I accelerate and the rear wheels try to slip, low traction flashes and the car almost cuts it off. If i turn traction control off or unplug abs then it's fine and no issues. Is this normal or have I got an issue? First time having traction control in any of my commodores so it's fairly new for me. Just let me know
I would say yes it would be normal. Older cars with old school cable throttles have to either cut the spark or cut the fuel to control traction. Either option is going to stop combustion completely until traction is restored.

Modern cars with fly by wire throttle can modulate the throttle independently of what your right foot wants to do to reduce throttle input until traction is restored.

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Start with some primo tyres.

Nvr_L8_In_The_3.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 3.8L V6 S/C
I would say yes it would be normal. Older cars with old school cable throttles have to either cut the spark or cut the fuel to control traction. Either option is going to stop combustion completely until traction is restored.

Modern cars with fly by wire throttle can modulate the throttle independently of what your right foot wants to do to reduce throttle input until traction is restored.
Thanks very much mate, really appreciate the help