Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH V6 2002 Statesman with rocking front drivers seat

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Didn't you say the air bag light is already on when you had the issue with revs? There not much to the seat if its not the bolts on the floor it be the ones that are connected to the slide rails from the base of the seat, someone of your Calabar b able to come up wit a fix. If not just get a cheap seat off a VT or WH and swap it out.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Didn't you say the air bag light is already on when you had the issue with revs? There not much to the seat if its not the bolts on the floor it be the ones that are connected to the slide rails from the base of the seat, someone of your Calabar b able to come up wit a fix. If not just get a cheap seat off a VT or WH and swap it out.
The Air Bag light was on when he purchased the car and the Shaddy Facebook site that sell these cars by the 100 to poor people that dont have a clue what car are made off by these cars. Now what bothers me MY Son with his arrogant stupid ignorant Girlfriend bought this car and HAD a RWC to sell it and sold the car with 1/ Air Bag light was on, 2/ one of rear seat belts wont lock, 3/ frayed front seats belts, 4/ drivers side rear door wont open, 5/ heads light very very frosty 6/ safety boot release does not work and yet the two of them got a RWC with this car. The Problem with the REVS didn't start until I replaced the LIM Gaskets.
Yes I'm good with my hands I will find a way to fix the seats also I will ring up Holden Dealers and quote that part number for the new seat bushes.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The Air Bag light was on when he purchased the car and the Shaddy Facebook site that sell these cars by the 100 to poor people that dont have a clue what car are made off by these cars. Now what bothers me MY Son with his arrogant stupid ignorant Girlfriend bought this car and HAD a RWC to sell it and sold the car with 1/ Air Bag light was on, 2/ one of rear seat belts wont lock, 3/ frayed front seats belts, 4/ drivers side rear door wont open, 5/ heads light very very frosty 6/ safety boot release does not work and yet the two of them got a RWC with this car. The Problem with the REVS didn't start until I replaced the LIM Gaskets.
Yes I'm good with my hands I will find a way to fix the seats also I will ring up Holden Dealers and quote that part number for the new seat bushes.
Sounds like the seller new a guy and they did a dodgy RWC, Don't use those repair kits for headlight lenses they go bad after 6 months best to buy a pair of new ones off Ebay for 120, best of luck your son should be very proud of you helping him out like this.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds like the seller new a guy and they did a dodgy RWC, Don't use those repair kits for headlight lenses they go bad after 6 months best to buy a pair of new ones off Ebay for 120, best of luck your son should be very proud of you helping him out like this.
He is a good kid but the trouble with him he did not listen to me in the fist place not to buy this car and now I'm paying for it.
Regarding the using "Don't use those repair kits for headlight lenses they go bad after 6 months" are you talking about replacement of the front head light lenses that are foggy with cheap Chinese new ones and after 6 months they go foggy. are you talking about these.?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The repair lenses cleaning kits you buy that you rub back and recoat, they go bad again and look worse than you started with, buy the whole light assembly.

BOR15

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Two things,
1. when the sticky link for fault use to work, the problem with the seats moving back and forth was a washer that would wear and you had to replace it.

2. for the headlights, i got wet sanding paper all the way to 2000. took the lights out and wet sanded all the crap off. then i polished and used a UV stable clear coat to seal them. bit of work but better than the repair kits

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Two things,
1. when the sticky link for fault use to work, the problem with the seats moving back and forth was a washer that would wear and you had to replace it.

2. for the headlights, i got wet sanding paper all the way to 2000. took the lights out and wet sanded all the crap off. then i polished and used a UV stable clear coat to seal them. bit of work but better than the repair kits
Yes I have been told by another person to do what you have said on the headlights and its the only way to do a good job. My cheap VE has the same issue so my friend Buff them then I used a SCA (Supercheap) cutting compound and made them 60% better after the buff. I might have another go today as the car is getting a RWC to rego tomorrow.

Regarding my sons seats on his Statesman I found peices of the Nylon bushes under the seats on both sides. Maybe one the collection of owners before was 200 KG and his passengers was the same

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Good luck with the RWC.
Though with the work you have done on her, shouldn't need it.:)
Yes It passed with flying colours.