Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH V6 2002 Statesman with rocking front drivers seat

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Finally I fixed most issue with my Son car and the son is driving the car now but at the same time I did not know his drivers side seat was rocking Back and forth depending if you accelerate or on your brakes because you need to drive it to experience it. Now this alone will drive me mad. I have done a Google or Youtube on this issue but I would like input from member here that had this issue and how did they fix it CHEAPLY.
thanks

Last edited:

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Are the base to floor mounting bolts loose or is the frame bolts loose. Might be best to remove the seat and inspect for wear.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Are the base to floor mounting bolts loose or is the frame bolts loose. Might be best to remove the seat and inspect for wear.
Geeeee I hope the issue is that easy. I have to wait until the car comes back my way then I will have a good look at it but knowing the car it will hard to fix but not impossible

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Agree with NeddyBear, there are four seat retaining bolts, check these for tightness as the first step to fixing the problem (diagram below). Should be 35-50 Nm.
upload_2019-8-9_18-53-30.png

Disconnect the battery earth lead before you do anything else (such as removing the seat or disconnecting wiring connectors).

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Agree with NeddyBear, there are four seat retaining bolts, check these for tightness as the first step to fixing the problem (diagram below). Should be 35-50 Nm.
View attachment 206340

Disconnect the battery earth lead before you do anything else (such as removing the seat or disconnecting wiring connectors).
OOOO yes my friend I dont want the Seat Air Bag to go off.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
It won't go off, but you will get an ABS error code logged, your ABS light will stay on, your airbag may/or may not deploy in an accident. You may also have to pay $$$ to get the error code reset.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
I've had my front seats out a couple of time to replace them and never have I had an error code.
I just disconnect the battery and remove them, fit the replacement and reconnect the battery and all's good.

Attachments

• Commodore Seat 18.09.16 - 4.JPG
    Commodore Seat 18.09.16 - 4.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 329
  • Commodore Seat 18.09.16 - 7.JPG
    Commodore Seat 18.09.16 - 7.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 282

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
It won't go off, but you will get an ABS error code logged, your ABS light will stay on, your airbag may/or may not deploy in an accident. You may also have to pay $$$ to get the error code reset.
Yes I will disconnected before I remove or tilt the seats.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've had my front seats out a couple of time to replace them and never have I had an error code.
I just disconnect the battery and remove them, fit the replacement and reconnect the battery and all's good.
Tell me your seats on the Photo the Motors underneath what are they for as The statesman has more motors than you as the seats can Electrically go forward and backwards, The Back of the seat can go forwards and Backwards but not sure if the complete seat can go up (for a short person) and down for person that is taller.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I forgot that I started this thread before as I started another.
Well this Statesman has so many issues and this issue will be the next to fix.

Last edited: