Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH/VT Climate Control

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Ok - with the abscence of the aircon forum i'll post this here :) Kinda both anyway.

I have issues with my climate control relating to speeds 1-3 dropping out on a regular basis and working only on full bore which bypasses the cc control module.

Now... I understand with the non-cc resistor style setups for the dropout to be intermittent, but with the climate control it's usually a transistor failure, but is it even possible for this to be intermittent? I would have thought it would be an all-or-nothing thing in this case. If it's not possible, I guess it's more of a wiring issue to be investigated (wouldn't be the first time I've found something falling apart that the last owner bound in electrical tape).

Sooo.. electrical nuts, can a transistor have an intermittent issue? Or is it simply alive or dead (and my problem is something else).

If the controller were cheaper (its $110) i'd just replace it and see what happens, but it's a bit costly to throw more than a greenie at it when it may not be the issue at all.

TIA,
Matt

(hope you can understand my rambling)

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Anybody?

I guess the quick question is - can a transistor have an intermittent issue? Or is it just a case of when it dies, it's dead (meaning my problem is something else).

tourettes

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
vt climate control

hi my brother crashed my vt calais recently and it was totaled so im striping it for what i can and i was wondering if i could change the heater control thing with 3 knobs to the climate control out of my calais? thanks

scozz76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2014 Evoke - VYII Acclaim
I would say that an intermittent fault like that would be bad soldering. I've never had a look at these modules but if you can get it apart, go over the circuit board and repair any soldering that looks bad.