Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] WH11 Statesman $4350

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony.iskra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8
ITEM: Statesman

PRICE: $4350

YEAR: October 2001

SERIES: WH11

ENGINE: Ecotec 3.8 V6

TRANSMISSION: 4sp Auto

COLOUR: Tungsten

EXTERIOR CONDITION: Below Average

INTERIOR CONDITION: Average

WHEELS: 5 Factory 16” Alloys fairly good condition

TYRE CONDITION: Front 90%, rear 20%

TYRE SIZE INCLUDING LOAD RATING: Example: 215/60R16

ODOMETER: 236200kms

SERVICE HISTORY: Yes

REGO OF CAR: NSW

REGO TILL: 15/3/14

RWC: Can be organised.

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Pick up.

PAYMENT OPTIONS: COD, Direct Deposit, Funds Transfer or Other

CONTACT DETAILS: Ph Tony 0427747532 or [email protected]

OTHER INFO: This car is owned by my ex and I have volunteered to help her sell it so here goes…
1) THE GOOD
* Ex Attorney General’s Department car, purchased from this first owner in 2003 with approx. 110000kms on it.
* ½ inch pile of receipts for maintenance items replaced eg Engine mounts, power steering pump, etc.
* Serviced every 10000kms with synthetic oils mainly 5W30.
* Never been in an accident (apart from parking – more to come on that…)
* Mechanically strong with motor/transmission/diff all belying the car’s age
* Used mainly for transporting mum and kids locally with occasional longer trips for the tribe.
* Everything works, leather seats are in fairly good condition for age
2) THE BAD
* Ever seen someone with too much plastic surgery that ends up looking like “The Joker”? 
* More hits than Elvis – platypus paint finish attempts to conceal the many bumps, bruises and impacts accumulated in the last ten years.
* Ding in the front passenger guard from a heat seeking trolley.
* Scratches and blemishes in front and rear bars, particularly below the chrome line. The ex assures me that once the first parking bingle occurred it continued exponentially with 3 (or more!) notes left under the wipers that she graciously didn’t follow up. ???
* Ding on the boot rear and a scratch on the boot lid from god knows what.
* The worst is a series of scratches stretching from the middle of the passenger rear door to the rear panel. This occurred during the last earth tremor when a brick wall moved exactly at the precise moment of the apex of a parking turn. I’m probably over exaggerating this and you really wouldn’t notice it that much through a soft focus lens at 20m.
3) The UGLY
* Lots of petty, irritating faults on the interior of the car, courtesy of the innocent malevolence of 4 kids, that I haven’t got the patience or inclination to fix. I did get to replacing the glovebox and rear A/C vents then gave up. Someone who enjoys trolling the wreckers could probably fix it all, and cheap.
* Busted passenger seat plastic shroud (where the electric controls are). Still works but no amount of silicon is going to stop it coming off again.
* Closeable storage compartments in front and rear of centre console don’t close because they aint got lids anymore.
* Roof trim sagging in some areas.
* Drivers side rear window is slower than others, probably due to organic 90W140 kiddy vomit lubrication on the runners at some point.
4) The Reality
An honest workhorse with a bit of class. Easy and a pleasure to drive. Smooth and quiet. Faults can be lived with as is. Great alternative to a Commodore if you need more room. Safe big car with 4 bags, traction control and all Statesman niceties like 10 stacker CD. Someone with a bit of nowse may actually make a buck on it. Lots of rego. Reason for sale – Ex has defected and upgraded to a (Sorry boys) FG.

PICTURES: Will send more on request

Attachments

• 245.jpg
    245.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 310
  • 241.jpg
    241.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 273
  • State side pass.jpg
    State side pass.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 258
  • Front statesman.jpg