Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What’s the best anti theft option to do or install

vxcommy97

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 vx commodore lumnia 3.8L v6
Okay sorry for another post (I’m still learning about cars)

I need to have my clockspring replaced (don’t know if this affects the theft horn relay) but my car horn definitely works

I was wondering is there a cheap-ish way or the best way for a anti theft for the vehicle (2002 vx commodore v6 automatic) I’ve been told to remove the fuel pump relay and keep that on me but that responsibility to keep it and may lose it scares me a little is there something inexpensive I could use or other people have such as killswitches gps, handbrake/gear locks thanks guys for all the help with out you guys I’d be f**ed hahaha

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I put a switch on my fuel pump relay which has the same effect as removing the fuse but none of the drawbacks.

It's hidden so only I know where it is.

vxcommy97

Reaction score
Members Ride
I put a switch on my fuel pump relay which has the same effect as removing the fuse but none of the drawbacks.

It's hidden so only I know where it is.
How much would a kill switch cost and how much to install them? Do you have a rough idea I’m mechanically dyslexic haha don’t want to mess anything up

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
you can quite literally use any old toggle switch from jaycar, sca etc for probs $5.

Going off memory pretty sure I traced it between the relay in the fuse box fuse box in the engine bay and the ECU and spliced in there so the relay on trigger doesn't work unless the switch is on.

If your not confident in wiring etc don't attempt that sort of stuff, get someone else to do it for you. Relays take a bit of basic auto electrical knowledge to understand and vehicle wiring if not done correctly can lead to fires.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE

I need to have my clockspring replaced (don’t know if this affects the theft horn relay) but my car horn definitely works

I was wondering is there a cheap-ish way or the best way for a anti theft for the vehicle (2002 vx commodore v6 automatic) I’ve been told to remove the fuel pump relay and keep that on me but that responsibility to keep it and may lose it scares me a little is there something inexpensive I could use or other people have such as killswitches gps, handbrake/gear locks thanks guys for all the help with out you guys I’d be f**ed hahaha
A shotgun and the will to use it.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Brown snake in the drivers seat.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Screaming kids and a nagging wife is the best anti theft devise.....If your lucky, they'll take all of the above and it'll save you a packet in the long run....And with the car being insured, you get paid by the insurance company for your loses... :p

The other option is a toggle switch to cut the fuel supply....

PaulMcGTS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Special Vehicles GTS 2007 VE Sedan 6.0 i V

I fitted a GPS Tracker/immobiliser. It's fairly easy to install and costs vary but expect to pay a bit more for a decent one, mine was $200 from Jaycar You can track the exact position of the car, turn the engine off and even listen to any conversations from the scumbag/s theives.

vxcommy97

Reaction score
Members Ride
I fitted a GPS Tracker/immobiliser. It's fairly easy to install and costs vary but expect to pay a bit more for a decent one, mine was $200 from Jaycar You can track the exact position of the car, turn the engine off and even listen to any conversations from the scumbag/s theives.
What’s the name and stuff so I can look into buying the same one? If that’s okay bro! Thanks