Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What’s the best anti theft option to do or install

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Just slightly off topic....I saw on the news this morning, some one caught a thief trying to nick their car in QLD, so they got a forklift and picked the car up until the coppers arrived....

Not a bad move I think.....

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Get Losh to guard your car.

You never know, the person wanting the car might get turned on by that look.....:D

And for the record, if I was to see him, I'd run a mile, even though I'd be flat out running 10 metres....:)

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Back in my day we just took the Rotor Button out and carried it with me. Never had the car stolen back then lol.
Seriously though, as stated a Kill Switch and GPS would be the cheapest way to go.

If it were an expensive car i would think of the GPS as a backup only as you can get detectors and jammers for them.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Just as a suggestion, kill switches are usually easy enough to find and flick. So, what I suggest is wire the kill switch so that it shorts out the fuel pump (or whatever) so if anyone attempts to start the car it blows the corresponding fuse. The car won’t start so they’ll go looking for the kill switch (and will probably find it). However, because the fuse has been blown, flick it won’t help. Both the fuse and the kill switch need to be right to start the car.

I would also have some spare fuses well hidden in the car so you can replace the fuse when you forget!

Last edited:

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Just as a suggestion, kill switches are usually easy enough to find and flick. So, what I suggest is wire the kill switch so that it shorts out the fuel pump (or whatever) so if anyone attempts to start the car it blows the corresponding fuse. The car won’t start so they’ll go looking for the kill switch (and will probably find it). However, because the fuse has been blown, flick it won’t help. Both the fuse and the kill switch need to be right to start the car.

I would also have some spare fuses well hidden in the car so you can replace the fuse when you forget!
I had a 70 Grand Prix Pontiac with a 455 long time ago with a kill switch and i used to forget about it all the time so that idea wouldn't work for me