Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What accessories to buy for new sv6

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
So, I'm in the market for a brand new series 2 sv6. With so many options to choose from and not wanting to burn a whole in my pocket, I need some advice on what extras would be useful. I'm 24 with a 2.5 old son with my partner.

I am strongly considering the fridge in the boot, and more..

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Depends how you're going to use the car and what body shape you're getting. Reverse sensors can be handy, depending on model. Leave the leather alone, particularly on the SV6 seats. Get the HSV steering wheel, if it's still an option (much better than the stocky!). Wouldn't worry too much about the fridge unless you're going camping a lot, and even then, I'd be more likely to pick something up from ARB or similar that suited exactly my requirements. Tow bar if you're towing. Forget mud flaps - nerds up the look of the car. Stone chip guard (or whatever it's called - the silly plastic thing that clips to the front edge of the bonnet) is rubbish - takes chunks of paint out and catches leaves and **** which will scratch the hell out of the paint and look like crap when you decide you don't like it. You get the idea. Suss out your requirements and get the accessories that suit.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
don't know if the series II is different, but on the series I i got the front and rear 'smokers pack' which gave me two additional 12v sockets.. great for warming bottles for the young one, dvd player, netbook and charging phones all at once.. beats the heck outta running those cheap-crap 4into1 plugs from center console (less 'spaghetti-cable-f**k')

+1 for no leather on SV6 seats...

If you can, GET A FACTORY SUNROOF!!!! or not... BUT GET ONE... if you want one... (!!!!)

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
Just get the usual floor mats & seat covers (a must when having kinds in the car) everything else u can pick up afterwards & u can get anything else cheaper aftermarket

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Hmm definately some things to think about there. The options I will likely take up are the rear seat cover, the DVD player in the roof(looks the goods and very practical with young bloke in the back), tow bar(probably just the 1200kg pack), rear parking sensor, and as a nice touch the leather on the gear selector.

Test drove the auto yesterday, and is alot more fun than I expected with the "active select". Would like to try out the manual before making any decision though

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Just get the usual floor mats & seat covers (a must when having kinds in the car) everything else u can pick up afterwards & u can get anything else cheaper aftermarket

This is correct. I'd go the basic package and anything else I'd buy after market. Genuine is a rip and I hate how they charge you 17 bucks to 'install' floor mats.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
what body shape?

options i love in my wagon..... reverse camera, rubber cargo mat, tow bar, factory tint, flip keys.

sv6man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 M6
Hmm definately some things to think about there. The options I will likely take up are the rear seat cover, the DVD player in the roof(looks the goods and very practical with young bloke in the back), tow bar(probably just the 1200kg pack), rear parking sensor, and as a nice touch the leather on the gear selector.

Test drove the auto yesterday, and is alot more fun than I expected with the "active select". Would like to try out the manual before making any decision though

There is some great advice in this thread. Did not know about the smokers pack (extra sockets) - definitely worthwhile with all the additional electronics we use these days.

I got 2 dvd players in the back of the front head rests. Easier for little guys to see than the roof mounted, also gives the option of watching/playing seperate things. Whichever one you decide do not do it through the dealer. As stated by others you will pay way too much. I was told the rear DVDs would cost $2000! Bought some on line for $300 (better quality than the dealers) and had them installed by an autoelectrician for $200.

I thought all the SV6's at the moment come with rear parking senors and rear view camera standard?
My car came with the senosrs which come with a graphic on the display whenever reverse is engaged. The dealer fitted the holden camera with a monitor in the rear-view mirror (4.3inch). The image is actually very good, although not quite as good as through the IQ display. You get both the camera and parking sensor display at the same time though which can be handy in tight spots.
With a small child I think the camera is the better choice if you only pick one.