Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are you drinking right now?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I am a sucker for Rioja Tintos especialy this one, CVNE (https://www.cvne.com/en/wines/ Compañía Vinícola de el Norte de España) aka "Cune". Bought a case of 12 bottles.

2viplwy.jpg
Dude if you’re into the thick skinned Spanish varietals - tintos, our vineyards are Grenache, Shiraz and Mataro. Some Graciano. Our oldest producing vines were planted in 1855, pre-pheloxera.
Unfortunately Tempranillo competes here in the cool regions for Pinot Noir, about same viticultural risk. The difference in the market plays an extremely competitive mass of cheap imported Temps under $10 retail (hard) versus connoisseurs happy to pay two or three times that for Pinot Noir (cinchy). McLaren Vale however can’t sell Pinot hence is becoming known for Temp.
Also Aussies are exploring blends vs the clasically monolithic single varietals, McLaren Vale and Yarra make interesting Iberian inspired gear.
Massive price gamut between good (cheap) table temp and a bit of oak, few years. Most punters not willing to pay $25+ for authentically made here.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Hey I would not pay $25 USD for California grape juice. One thing that French and Spanish wines have in common is their https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denominación_de_Origen Is illegal in Spain to sell any wine, on this case Rioja as Rioja wine if does not have the region characteristics. They can sell the wine as just Red/Burgundy Wine, but not as Rioja. The spaniards keep a tight lid on their product quality.

Good Spanish wine carry this certificate on the back of the bottles.
29xayo4.jpg

The bottle that I posted is sold here in the US for about $16. However, there a lots of crap tasting wines with fancy bottles and names that people are willing to pay premium.

Most wines that I buy are corked. I wonder why Pirate Cru are Twist Off, is that for convinience? Would not mind to taste some of your wines, if you can ship to the US. PM me if you want to work some out :)

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Hey I would not pay $25 USD for California grape juice. One thing that French and Spanish wines have in common is their https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denominación_de_Origen Is illegal in Spain to sell any wine, on this case Rioja as Rioja wine if does not have the region characteristics. They can sell the wine as just Red/Burgundy Wine, but not as Rioja. The spaniards keep a tight lid on their product quality.

Good Spanish wine carry this certificate on the back of the bottles.
29xayo4.jpg

The bottle that I posted is sold here in the US for about $16. However, there a lots of crap tasting wines with fancy bottles and names that people are willing to pay premium.

Most wines that I buy are corked. I wonder why Pirate Cru are Twist Off, is that for convinience? Would not mind to taste some of your wines, if you can ship to the US. PM me if you want to work some out :)
Haha, yeah so you can thrown it down fast! Nah, nobody except hipsters and Chinese drink from cork any more. Our top wines ($600+ / bottle) are also under Stelvin cap, basically we were shafted by the Italians in Sardinia for decades dumped crap cork until CSIRO / industry bodies did some serious research into ageing. Cork sucks.
Having said that I’m selling some high quality gear to China and, well they like the theatre of it all having drunk the French Koolaid paid ridiculous price for decades. Pomp and circumstance, dilute with Coca-Cola then skull! Gung hei, bin-fu!

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I heard Itallians use Ethylene Glycol to sweeten their fermented grape juice. I think is not true but you never know. :D

Same with their Olive Oil that is a blend of all they can find. Spain also has a strict quality control on their oil, they are perhaps the largest Olive Oil producer and is pretty darn good.

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I heard Itallians use Ethylene Glycol to sweeten their fermented grape juice. I think is not true but you never know. :-D

Same with their Olive Oil that is a blend of all they can find. Spain also has a strict quality control on their oil, they are perhaps the largest Olive Oil producer and is pretty darn good.
Same with tomatoes and pasta, there is zero regulation, rather totally regulated by the mafia, largest importer of same from China.
Aussies don’t really know what it means to mangé on Chinese ‘organic’ vegetables, as long as its cheap!

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
The Chinese have this mentality of Cheap trumps Quality.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
What am I drinking?

Not alcohol.

131st day of recovery.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6