Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are you drinking right now?

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
B76969B3-E1EE-49DD-BE97-A381BF3A22AB.jpeg

For ginger beer fans these are worth a go

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Yeah nice one! One of my local pubs sold this on draught, and across the road at another local they sold Wild Yak on draught.
Disappointed now though because I’ve just discovered neither of them sell either of them now.:(

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I have for years had trouble sleeping so I take sleeping tablets and they work fine until I drink alcohol. When I drink even with the sleeping tablets it is not unusual for me to wake up at 3.00 am and not get back to sleep. I know they don't have anything in common but because I can't get Waikato I drink sherry. This morning for the first time in my life poured half a bottle of sherry down the sink. I think sleeping is more important especially in my advanced years. I do hope my sleeping goes back to normal and I haven't wasted half a bottle of sherry.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I have for years had trouble sleeping so I take sleeping tablets and they work fine until I drink alcohol. When I drink even with the sleeping tablets it is not unusual for me to wake up at 3.00 am and not get back to sleep. I know they don't have anything in common but because I can't get Waikato I drink sherry. This morning for the first time in my life poured half a bottle of sherry down the sink. I think sleeping is more important especially in my advanced years. I do hope my sleeping goes back to normal and I haven't wasted half a bottle of sherry.
You should have kept the sherry for breakfast:)
Seriously, I have not slept a normal nights sleep for some years now. I will wake at all hours like yourself, and then stay awake for two or three hours. Ultimately reading will get me back to sleep, but it’s so frustrating when you can’t just have a normal eight hours sleep.
I do have a very active mind and tend to ruminate on my past which has been very diverse and somewhat out of the norm, which I guess adds to my difficulty in getting a good nights sleep.

Alcohol one way or another has been a big part of my life and I’m not sure whether it affects my sleeping patterns or not. I’m understanding of the implications of too much alcohol consumption but I guess I am going to be like many who continue to drink until something really horrible happens and it stops me in my tracks.
At the moment I’m drinking a ‘James Boags Premium Lager’:)

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Seriously, I have not slept a normal nights sleep for some years now. I will wake at all hours like yourself, and then stay awake for two or three hours. Ultimately reading will get me back to sleep, but it’s so frustrating when you can’t just have a normal eight hours sleep.
I do have a very active mind and tend to ruminate on my past which has been very diverse and somewhat out of the norm, which I guess adds to my difficulty in getting a good nights sleep.

Alcohol one way or another has been a big part of my life and I’m not sure whether it affects my sleeping patterns or not. I’m understanding of the implications of too much alcohol consumption but I guess I am going to be like many who continue to drink until something really horrible happens and it stops me in my tracks.
At the moment I’m drinking a ‘James Boags Premium Lager’:)
Like you I had a sleeping pattern that kept me awake for hours at night and a very active mind that was the same as yours. My doctor prescribed them for me and they (unless I drink) have been very successful. I asked how long could I take sleeping tablets for and she said for as long as I need to.

I also have sleep apnea. I could not wear the sleeping apparatus so I sleep on my side. This seems to work ok.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Seriously,

Or cooking ;)

That is one reason I do not drink before bed, keeps me awake. I cut down a lot, for some reason, I do not consume as much as I used to. Have not made any brew in about 2 years, still have some left from the last batch. However, now I am more into wine.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Have not made any brew in about 2 years,
Yeah me too. I used to make **** loads of beer, especially stout. I made it for years and would always have about ten slabs on the go. Roasted barley and a black jelly bean in each bottle was a favourite in my stout.