Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are you drinking right now?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Just about to go on a brewery tour around The Mornington Peninsula. It’s my nephew/Godsons 30th birthday. Hopefully I’ll survive the day and live to tell the tale:)
Want a review on the day. Good beers and where had good food.

I’d settle for “a bowl of chips and tomato sauce.”

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
I have four taps out the back and do all grain brewing to save $ for my car projects. Currently on tap:
1917 Reschs DA clone, 1921 Tooth's White Horse Ale Clone, Fransiskaner Helles Weiss Bier Clone and my own Vanilla Milk Stout. I have a fee brews about to go down.

Last edited:

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I am out of beer, had to settle for some californian Pinot Noir. Not the best, is like drinking a boxed grape juice with some vodka in it.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Water. I’m drinking water.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Want a review on the day. Good beers and where had good food.

I’d settle for “a bowl of chips and tomato sauce.”
Just got back in after a very big day and night which started at ten Saturday morning with three quick stubbies of whatever and then at eleven it was into two mini buses down the first brewery called St Andrews I think. We were served with three or four different ales which I now can’t remember were, and then they brought out the biggest bowls of chips with lots of different pizzas and also bowls of macaroni and cheese.
1.30pm it was off to another brewery which was in an industrial estate where they served us with four tasters of your choice from a selection of about ten different ales.
Then it was off to another brewery I definitely can’t remember where they served us with more different ales.
At six o’clock we were driven back to my nephews place were we then drank copious amounts of anything that took your fancy until four O’clock this morning.
I have very sore ribs on my left side but I don’t remember falling over. Oh well, I survived:)

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I have four taps out the back and do all grain brewing to save $ for my car projects. Currently on tap:
1917 Reschs DA clone, 1921 Tooth's White Horse Ale Clone, Fransiskaner Helles Weiss Bier Clone and my own Vanilla Milk Stout. I have a fee brews about to go down.
Sounds like a cool set up you have there. That vanilla milk stout sounds like a nice drop.
I used to brew a lot of different beers, but I used bottle all mine. I don’t think my brewing methods were as sophisticated as yours though. I just used to buy the kits and might add things like roasted barley to the stouts and dark ales, and with my Guinness stout I would put a black jelly been in each bottle rather than sugar.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Sounds like a cool set up you have there. That vanilla milk stout sounds like a nice drop.
I used to brew a lot of different beers, but I used bottle all mine. I don’t think my brewing methods were as sophisticated as yours though. I just used to buy the kits and might add things like roasted barley to the stouts and dark ales, and with my Guinness stout I would put a black jelly been in each bottle rather than sugar.
All grain costs a bit to set up; however, once it is done brewing is easy as. I use a Brewzilla to do most of the work and then put it in a 20 litre cube until is cools. From there into a fermenting fridge at whatever temp suits the yeast and leave it there until the fermentation is complete. Then it is into a keg to lager or condition (ales). I leave it at pouring pressure for ten days in then consume away. I still drink packaged beer occasionally as I tend to get given some for work performed or other favours. But personaly I haven't purchased stubbies or tinnies for over eight months.