Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are you drinking right now?

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Christmas present to myself, 3 craft beer glasses, with the last bottle of my passionfruit IPA in the IPA glass.
Other glasses are obviously a stout glass and an American wheat beer glass.
Good quality, thin , lite glasses.
Have to be very careful with them, don't want them going the way of my last wheat beer glass .

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Cracked open the first bottle of ginger beer and it is pretty good. Just the right amount of co2. Quite often you can lose half the contents if there is too much gas as it flys out the neck, much like a bottle of fizzy when you shake it up. Quite a bit of lemon flavour as i boiled the lemons to leach some of the lemon oil in the rind where all the flavour is. Plus i added sme lemon juice.
20181213_194939.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Wholll it's a fairly potent drop. I sculled two glasses and it has gone to my head a tad. I reckon it might be the strength of a white wine rather than a full strength beer. I think the moonshine really increased the alcohol content more than I thought it would. Trouble with moonshine is it can be as potent as 95% if the neighbour doesn't water it down. I'm wondering now if he gave me some straight from the still??

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Right at this moment, I have 6 Gallons of Hard Cider, still experimenting with it. So far, is nothing more than pasteurized apple juice and 2 lbs of brown sugar. Still trying to find the right yeast, so got this one and see how pans out.

51UUEGT6WnL._AC_SY400_.jpg

This time, a nice and tick Krausen was formed within 2 days at about 72F. I think is going to be a winner.

One year tried Distiller's Yeast, it turned the Apple Juice like a White Wine, no apple flavors at all, decent content of alcohol, no sugar added.

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
508F7763-D2DD-45E4-BBBB-EAFC5BA8F3FF.jpeg
Gave this a try Xmas day, went down quite nice wouldn’t have too many though

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Hey, some Vodka and creamy milk you got yourself a White Russian. Skip the milk for a Black Russian.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
View attachment 202806 Gave this a try Xmas day, went down quite nice wouldn’t have too many though

I can't drink those sorts of things , bit to sweet for my tastes , but had a chilled glass of Absolut Vodka , on ice with a slice of lemon last night , and a dash of soda , I'd forgotten how nice Absolut is .

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Hey, some Vodka and creamy milk you got yourself a White Russian. Skip the milk for a Black Russian.
The brother in law and me had one he ended up putting ice cream in his :). I hadn’t tried the salted caramel version before so went straight. Remember years ago a bar I used to go to sold Black Russians five bucks a glass with coke to stretch the drink drank a few of those..

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
A nice Vanilla Ice Cream makes great White Russian Shakes.

I can't drink those sorts of things , bit to sweet for my tastes , but had a chilled glass of Absolut Vodka , on ice with a slice of lemon last night , and a dash of soda , I'd forgotten how nice Absolut is .

I am more of a Stolichnaya (Столичная) guy, I have a Gallon in the freezer at this moment, sealed, unopened ;)

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Know what you mean mate only had one for a taste. A nice vodka is a different story could have a couple more of them. Don’t mind grey goose as well keep a lookout when it’s on special