Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are your thoughts on SuperCharge Batteries?

bc77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 5.7
I have a century only 26 months old that died on saturday (24 month warranty typical!) Jumped it and gave no problem until today again. Nothing left on, lights etc. Seems a little short for the life of the battery? Want to get some advice before getting it replaced, could the battery be dead after little more than 2 years??? What else can I check before replacing, and if I replace where do I get a battery for $100! I paid $179 2 years ago for this one.
Cheers

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
I have a century only 26 months old that died on saturday (24 month warranty typical!) Jumped it and gave no problem until today again. Nothing left on, lights etc. Seems a little short for the life of the battery? Want to get some advice before getting it replaced, could the battery be dead after little more than 2 years??? What else can I check before replacing, and if I replace where do I get a battery for $100! I paid $179 2 years ago for this one.
Cheers
hey mate i was having the same problem i have the same car as you,go with an optima they cost a little more though u will notice the differences when you start her up,and run a/c lights, etc.
battery world stock them at a good price

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I paid $150 for a 450 CCA Century battery around 4 years ago for my VS. I only topped it up with distilled water, and its still going strong in my young blokes VN. I thought it was dying last year when a bad connection with the main wire on my starter motor was causing slow cranking, so I replaced it with a 600 CCA AC Delco battery. This ones a maintainance free type sealed battery. It only cost me around $100 which was pretty good. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts compared to the Century. The only reason I didnt get another Century battery was no one around here had the right type to fit the VS at the time, so I went for the AC Delco one. The engine definitely winds over a lot faster with the 600, compared to what the 450 used to do, so I reckon go for the highest CCA rating (Cold Cranking Amps) you can get. Topping them up with distilled water makes them last longer too.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Had mine for 5 years now. 750CCA, play the stereo for hours and up loud. Turns over first time every time.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I have used Supercharge batteries before and had no issues with them, currently have an Exide (Made in Australia) in the SS and it is 5 1/2 years old and still going strong.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Yeah i've got one in my ssz, been a year so far and going strong.