Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are your thoughts on the performance of the Rudd government so far?

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
What I was trying to say was that the ETU tried anything they could to disrupt work (that was going to create alot of work for everyone) as they couldn't get their way. Mind you they did send one of the companies into bankruptcy which was good as they were useless (full of union sparky's that couldn't get work).

Without knowing the circumstances it's very hard to make an argument here, but I do know that the ETU (and other unions I'm sure) will do what it takes to ensure it's members receive their full entitlements and work in safe conditions. My guess would be that its members on that site were not being given their full entitlements and/or working in unsafe conditions, so they stopped work to persuade the employer to do as they asked.
All I'm saying is there has to be more to the story than you are telling. They don't just stop work to be a nuisance, they are always looking out for their members.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L

Signing the Kyoto did what for this country? Nothing

I have to disagree on this one with you Minux...

Signing Kyoto did lots for the country... It has totally f*cked us over...

The benchmarks we a re supposed to mean with cuttin down emissions are not even remotely possible for us considering our industrial and commercial sectors.

So we're gonna be paying the penalties... which will cause "inflation" :rofl: and then taxes, interest rates and fuel prices will all rise...

Effectively labour signed us up for a serious financial scr*w up... like... you you sign a contract that says you have to pay money if you don't do something KNOWING FULL WELL it is impossible to do that soemthing...
(^^^ Bad language i know but its early and i haven't had my tea yet :p)

So yeah... its like labor is LOOKING for ways to **** away the goverment surplus...

YAY!!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Apart from the increase in base excise there is also the planned "carbon tax" on all fuel purchases including LPG.

I love this i really do. He was going on and on...and on some more about reducing the price of petrol, he was even elected based on this nonsense. Then he sets up a committe to investigate the price of petrol. Introduces a nationwide fuel watch scheme.

...and then taxes it more?

Surely the rest of labour are hearing what he is saying and are banging their heads on the table.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Surely the rest of labour are hearing what he is saying and are banging their heads on the table.

Id say the people working for labour are as dumb as their voters, so they would just agree with everything rudd says.

this reminds me of america, and all the hillbillies that voted to keep bush in office

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Has anyone noticed since mention of this fuel watch scheme the cycle in cheaper fuel has ceased? In the last week fuel down here has been a solid 140.9, has not moved 1 little bit. Now while 4 cents a litre difference does not bother me, I am sure there are families out there who it kills who live wage to wage.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Has anyone noticed since mention of this fuel watch scheme the cycle in cheaper fuel has ceased? In the last week fuel down here has been a solid 140.9, has not moved 1 little bit. Now while 4 cents a litre difference does not bother me, I am sure there are families out there who it kills who live wage to wage.

yep i couldnt understand it. its been around 1.36 here all week and didnt move. i saw one station selling at 151.9 yesterday and thought that was a sign of bad things to come

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
I wasn't too fussed with Labor getting in to be honest because I don't really have strong political views. But it is really starting to **** me off that all they seem to be doing is upping taxes and introducing new ones. Then they try to slash spending to the tune of 3-4 billion!!! :shooting:

Ra1d

omg thats the funky sh1t
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Exec, VL Exec
well that RTD tax increase is supposedly worth $4bil per annum to the government. among other things the rebate for an lpg conversion is apparently getting axed in the new budget. so what do i think of the performance of the new government? in a word $hithouse

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

Gone are the days of cheap tuesdays. Its been 137-139 around here constantly. Its even beginning to be a little cheaper on friday, not by any margin worth getting excited about however.

I used to always fill up on Tuesday because well it doesnt make a huge difference, 4-5 cents is still 4-5 cents. But now theres really not much point.