Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What brake pads came out stock on VX Berlinas?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Much the same here. Bendix or Remsa are the 2 brands I use. Are you talking about the Ultra Premium from Supercheap? I've got them fitted at the moment. Good value when half price ;)
That's the ones, great value alright when they have that special.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i just go for the cheapest or whats ever pads are on special, both cars have rda extremes fitted last year and the vs ute has got the ve brake upgrade/modified vy booster m/c and she done some heavy towing and they work

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
i just go for the cheapest or whats ever pads are on special, both cars have rda extremes fitted last year and the vs ute has got the ve brake upgrade/modified vy booster m/c and she done some heavy towing and they work
There's one in every crowd!
If you use decent pads with your upgraded setup you would get some proper stopping performance.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Lol, only the person who fitted them would know that Question!! 18 years on one set of brakes how far has the car been driven, AC Delco probably.
Stay away from Bendix they are now a Chinese owned and are not like they use to be, go original or Protex they still have good meat, you will need to get new rotors too I bet if they never been done.

Hummm, the OP has said they probably have been changed in the last 18 years...So you may want to readjust your post

As for me...I have Bendix pads fitted to my VT brake upgrade...Unfortunately can't remember what ones, as it was a while ago....Also when they are thrown into your lap, you don't say no

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sheesh Bendix are generally under 50 bucks a set. I pay nearly 80 for QFMs. Cost wise i think they are ok.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
There's one in every crowd!
If you use decent pads with your upgraded setup you would get some proper stopping performance.
Most brake pads will stop you under normal driving conditions, if your need extra braking power I say you should start having a better driving habit, if you do a lot of towing or own a 4wd get the best but stop rallying on your brakes and drive according to conditions.

Hummm, the OP has said they probably have been changed in the last 18 years...So you may want to readjust your post

As for me...I have Bendix pads fitted to my VT brake upgrade...Unfortunately can't remember what ones, as it was a while ago....Also when they are thrown into your lap, you don't say no
I just notice that I was tired, anyway Bendix have thinner pads than they use to a mechanic showed me that he said go with genuine pads but I went with protex as they had more meat and are on the back only, I would go genuine or Repco brand as they have more meat than Bendix, everyone to their own.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I just notice that I was tired, anyway Bendix have thinner pads than they use to a mechanic showed me that he said go with genuine pads but I went with protex as they had more meat and are on the back only, I would go genuine or Repco brand as they have more meat than Bendix, everyone to their own.
Absolute rubbish. Get your facts straight before spouting more crap.

pads.jpg