Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What brake pads came out stock on VX Berlinas?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Not here to fight just telling you what I seen with my own eyes, 18mm of what, more plate than pad. Like I said everyone to there own.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Not here to fight just telling you what I seen with my own eyes, 18mm of what, more plate than pad. Like I said everyone to there own.
:rolleyes: No, you're making statements that you cant back up with anything other than hearsay and possibility.

If you're going to state something, atleast have the ability to back it up.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
:rolleyes: No, you're making statements that you cant back up with anything other than hearsay and possibility.

Sorry my eyes are bad I should of put on my coke bottle glasses.

Juice3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
I used the Bendix general ct pads on my vx and they have been perfectly fine and for rotors I used dba standard rotors.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Absolute rubbish. Get your facts straight before spouting more crap.

pads.jpg

With all due respect, I think the best way to prove which has the most meat, would be to compare brand new to brand new, rather than use a picture. That way there is no dispute

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
With all due respect, I think the best way to prove which has the most meat, would be to compare brand new to brand new, rather than use a picture. That way there is no dispute
I was shown by the person, Protex had more pad than Bendix, both were out of a new box. He sells them at the market I go too and he told me and showed me and he sells a lot of stuff to mechanics daily and been in the business for 30+ years. I wouldn't use Protex on the front as they do around 80% of the breaking, I always used Bendix ultimate in the past as I towed a lot but they harsh on the rotors. I think I will go with ACDelco or repco in future after been shown. Don't get me wrong Bendix are a trusted brand.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride

The thickness could be made up for in compound type and how it wears. Two pads of comparable thickness could wear at vastly different rates or a thinner material could last longer and vice-versa. Just visually eyeballing a friction material isnt enough to deduce it as being better or worse than the other.

The mechanic likely makes a better profit margin on Protex to what he does on Bendix and he has his sales pitch down pat it would appear.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The thickness could be made up for in compound type and how it wears. Two pads of comparable thickness could wear at vastly different rates or a thinner material could last longer and vice-versa. Just visually eyeballing a friction material isnt enough to deduce it as being better or worse than the other.

The mechanic likely makes a better profit margin on Protex to what he does on Bendix and he has his sales pitch down pat it would appear.
He had other brands too not just selling Protex, that was my choice out of them as they were cheaper and are for the back brakes.

Now go and read what you wrote to me it seems your doing the same.!!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Lets keep this civil please gentlemen.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
What part of what i wrote do you have issue with?

Do you not agree that different brands use different compounds? And the way that these compounds wear is what affects the life of the brake pad and also its efficiency (you've stated yourself you dont trust Protex to stop your vehicle efficiently)?

Also, could you make up your mind on where you sit in regards to Bendix.
Stay away from Bendix.

I wouldn't use Protex on the front as they do around 80% of the breaking

I always used Bendix ultimate

Bendix are a trusted brand.