Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What brake upgrade?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
$400 for a genuine master then puts them up at practically wilwood price. What do the forge lite 4 pistons go like? Also yes I know they're not adr approved , nor do I care lol.
You would need someone pretty clued up to know they are not ADR compliant. Go for it, if I was in the same situation as you I would. As long as they are safe and do the job.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Think some 16's is smallest wheel but 17 recommended with VE Kit where as the VT style can go 15's
When I looked into it 16 steelies will fit 16 alloys that I had were no go and needed to be 17s.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I rang castlemaine rod shop today they have wilwood brake kits of course brakes are not adr but their staino brake lines to suite are.
Going to ring the engineer I got when fitting the supercharger to the CV8 tomorrow.
Not quite sure why I'm worried for adr when the 355 that will eventually go in will not be!!!!
Anyway I can't see a problems = hopefully.
Only going for now fronts = they're 320 mm 1 piece , so with staino brake lines a bit over cents wise $1680 delivered .
Want to able to run my stock Maloo 16s mags at times so guessing those PBRs won't fit.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I thought HSV had 17s?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
vs series 3 got 17's had vt clubbie style rim with spoke shaved in middle

Stock brakes are kinda ok if you remember only good for one big stop then junk after that...pedal feel is just horrible vn-vr range

*edit

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I thought HSV had 17s?

Only series iii and I'm not sure if all of might have only been late series iii = when the vt roller cam engine came in.
My stock wheels/style = not popular = VR / VS and manta
Have to remember early VS sports utes were not quite a thing .
I still remember seeing = probably late 2003 a VU SS packed to the rafters with tools and shxt == fxxk makes you want to cry = never gonna see a couple of year old Aussie made utes and tradies buying/using = all these fxxking high rise 4bys now!!!
Sorry enough rant!!!!!

H

harrop.senator

I thought HSV had 17s?

Yeah this isn't the senator this is legit farm ute hahaha.

It has a canopy with moss growing in the corners.

2x poster , Dixie horns , 3x getrags , solid l67 some assembly required , Heaton m90 that out whines any woman I know, cooler , flex fuel , side exit boom tubes and some Toyo TQ drag radials.

Swapped a clean e34 535 with blown motor , bilsteins and 3.9s for them , some Vader E36 M3 seats and some BBS Ra yearssssss ago when I was still playing with Germans.

vaders went in an LS2 E36 , BBS went on an E30 vert.

they don't clear my senator brakes with inner wheel weights. I'd rather them on this then the WL but sick of seeing them sitting there.

have centre weaves and screw on caps . Need to clear them all still and waiting on some replica centre stickers. Had to get custom made from photos lol.

H

harrop.senator

Sorry just read hsv Questions were to afstruct. To many beers and thinking everything is about me again.

H

harrop.senator

Just got off the phone with kenco in Queensland he does an entire hard line and soft line kit for $200 on top.

And charges $550 a corner front or rear for full wilwood set ups and all necessary bracketry needed to fit them.

I think this will be the direction I go.