Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What brake upgrade?

H

harrop.senator

Those callipers are certainly a good price. For peace of mind you would want to get new seals (not cheap) and of course brackets. Does anyone make brackets for them?

I doubt anyone makes brackets for them but I'm pretty friendly with the machine shop at work and a couple own race cars I might be able to get some sorted out.

If I don't buy reconditioned they will be rebuilt the kits are only $110-150 us for the pair.

Reactions: Lex

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I rang the engineer I used for the CV8 Monaro supercharger engineering earlier this week .
Covid crap = he got back to me today = Yes I'll pass Wilwood ! but need electric booster ETC, hide **** = super smooth look ETC= booster hiden = great for a full blown custom with lots of coin full blown custom and big coin and huge HP= justification!!! HP = just fitted to a Turbo LS1 to a HG.
But as much as I'd love to go full custom no holes barred build = this is still a fairly rare factory numbers custom = and still a fairly mild build.
Googled = A few more not quite as close/convenient engineers this arvo = next week calls = if no go pretty sure - go VT upgrade=well if I can still run my original 16S

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Ask him if he'll pass an ls1 turbo into lc gtr....if yes I'll put a kidney up on ebay to start the build.

Mward23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ssz ute
Hey mate what did you end up going for?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hey mate what did you end up going for?
Hey man, just a heads up it's not considered good forum etiquette to post the same or similar question in multiple threads.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What are you on about mate?
You've asked the same or similar question in four different threads. Proper forum etiquette is to keep your questions in the same thread. Just in case you're unaware.

Mward23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ssz ute
You've asked the same or similar question in four different threads. Proper forum etiquette is to keep your questions in the same thread. Just in case you're unaware.
They have been on a similar topic why can I not join in on already open threads? Most of the threads are very old but have information that I’m chasing but the people have not been active for years.
It’s a long shot but all I’m trying to do it’s get some help mate.
Not hurting anyone so kindly shove your etiquette where the sun don’t shine unless your willing to help.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
They have been on a similar topic why can I not join in on already open threads? Most of the threads are very old but have information that I’m chasing but the people have not been active for years.
It’s a long shot but all I’m trying to do it’s get some help mate.
Not hurting anyone so kindly shove your etiquette where the sun don’t shine unless your willing to help.
Right you come on here and get some advice on the forum rules. Yet you throw it back. Good luck finding your answers but if you're going to act like a dick then you will soon find that people will treat you the same. Take it or leave it up to you. But coming across like this when your a new member won't do you any favours.

Mward23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ssz ute
Right you come on here and get some advice on the forum rules. Yet you throw it back. Good luck finding your answers but if you're going to act like a dick then you will soon find that people will treat you the same. Take it or leave it up to you. But coming across like this when you’re a new member won't do you any favours.

Jump off your high horse mate jesus.
You’re the one having a crack, all I’m doing is asking a few questions.