Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What can i do to make my VL more economical?

202lx

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX SL sedan
took the passenger kick panel off and the LEDs just both stay on all the time and dont flash. What does this mean? (one was red and one was green btw)

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan - The Beige Bandit!
As everyone has said.. Service it check all your sensors and drive with a lighter right foot. I am getting 150km out of 17 litres in my VC with a standard 202 with local driving and thats as good as my old gemini.

nermal

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh v6 statesman
i dont know what the km are exactly but i think it would around 250 - 300km from a wagon tank (62 liters i think)

lol thats almost as bad as what mine was getting to a tank but mine had serious issues at cold start and black smoke out the exhaust but i re tuned the airflow meter and it running alot better but saying that i only tuned it till it sounded right i still got to do it properly with a multimeter and that was after i changed all the sensors.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
As everyone has said.. Service it check all your sensors and drive with a lighter right foot. I am getting 150km out of 17 litres in my VC with a standard 202 with local driving and thats as good as my old gemini.

I use to get 280-300k "probley even a little more" out of 20 liters with my old vc, rebuilding the carby plus timing helps with a good service to the engine including "auto" gearbox.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
I can get 400k easy on half a tank "VL" from a trip to cairns to townsville, giving me a quater to go when i get there.. be shes running rich atm, but thats about to be fixed!

I did over 800k or around that mark with a full tank "While running rich" from mackay to cairns" thats with hills too!!!