Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what can i do to my VR Acclaim ?

All style

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore VR Acclaim 1995
I just wanted to know what can i do to my VR ACCLAIM 1995 ( Power wise) that will not interfear with my p plate regulations. (i have done plugs, leads and k&n panal filter what elce can i do ?? thanks

All style

Reaction score
Members Ride
cool how much are they and where would i get 1 of those bad boys ? and would it fit stright on ? or will any other mods have to be made to make it fit in ?

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
change the diff gears to 3.9's

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
cool how much are they and where would i get 1 of those bad boys ? and would it fit stright on ? or will any other mods have to be made to make it fit in ?
try holden for new or wreckers/ebay for a second hand one. it will fit except you will need to cut the bottom of the airbox out a bit and will need to drill 3 holes in the plastic fan surround above the radiator to hold the clips for the cai. piss easy mate

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
dscf0735nfc.jpg

the red circle is the actually cold air induction
the green circles are where the clips go in to hold the induction to the fan surround

All style

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok cool i know what you mean kinda is that your VR or another ride ? if so do they come stock on yours or did you put that in ? and i was looking at putting 1 of these on would that make much diffrence here is the link COLD AIR INTAKE TO SUIT HOLDEN VR-VS V6 - Mace Engineering Group, its a coumstom air intake box and it will fit a pod filter in it if i was to bye would transport be happy wih it or would it interfear with my p plate regulations ??

thanks

All style

Reaction score
Members Ride

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
the second one is an ss inductions one,ss inductions being the name of the company that makes that one. the one i showed you is an actual genuine holden item. with the ss inductions one,they claim to make more power then the factory one but im not sure,ive only had the one i showed you.

All style

Reaction score
Members Ride
if i cant get a genuine holden 1 in good order would that do the job untill i find 1 or would i just be better putting the custom box on from the first link i showed you, would that achive the same thing or would i be better off getting a cold air inductior ? because that box is like 250$ ?