Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Can I Do With My VR

Mickydrip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
New Here.

Im Almost Paid Off To A Friend For My 93' VR Commodore Aclaim Sedan. It's In Stock Condition and Im On My P's Wondering What Reccomendations Can be made or any hints or tips. First Car and growing up with mum havent had that much experience under the hood besides working at a tyre shop 2 years ago but willing and interested to get into it.

Cheers

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
take my advice.. its an expensive and addicitve hobby... stay away from car modding!

lol... v6 yeah?

make it look nice until you get bored of the power and then buy a v8 later ron...

aZk.

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
I agree just make it look decent

The V6 ain't worth putting big cash into

Mickydrip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Yeah a V6 Well i wont have the money straight up but when i get my tax back ill have just over 600 spare. But this will be my car till I get my opens at least.

Possibly Get Up A Couple More Hundred for sound system then? Then More Visual Than Anything?

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
yeah matre, at ther end iof the day it's just a 6, lower it, tint it, put a good exhaust, maybe convert to 5 speed.

good cut and polish
some big rims.. lol

you get the idea...

vswagz5spd

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS II Wagon 5spd
hey mate i have painted the interior of my car, ie dash, door trims, centre console etc.
came up alrite if thats the sorta thing u mite wanna do.
heres a pic just to show ya.
9b79735a.jpg

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
well interior should always be first,
audio, recoloring as above and comfortable seats if you wish
no point doing a lot on the exterior if you not comfortable inside.
I have to disagree, sacrifices must be made. The first thing people see is the exterior, so you want that looking schmick haha.. Truefully, I think it should all be done evenly, don't say you want to do exterior first than interior. Do it mod for mod, each time you do something to the outside, plan the next thing for the inside. Good luck with it mate.

Mickydrip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Good Idea's Guys Very Apreciated.

Ive decided on first a good alarm system because i know how easy they are too get into. Since I've got to do the roof lining inside i now i can cut a shape into it to make it stand out so i might do that not sure. then next ill go with the audio system, then chuck on a spoiler then go from there as i hate knowing my insurance bill being under 21

1miss4comys

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina v6
dont buy a spoiler...just dump it, put sime nice but legal mags on it and later on when u have more money you should buy some ss seats, painting the interior is a good idea too if ur not cashed up..as long as you do it properly! good luck